Part 11

In his own room at the palace sat Lord D’ark who was talking to Vladimir D’ark his cousin from the sixth book.

“Vladimir, what irks me is that you actually helped Arthur and the others in the last book.”

“I did torture him as well though.”

“Yes, with puns. You could have at least used the Iron Maiden I sent you for Christmas.”

“I didn’t get chance, Sid rescued him before I could.” Vladimir looked at Lord D’ark from his place beside the window, “Are you sure about giving the Witch King a time travel device?”

“We have to destroy Arthur and his cronies, this is the last book in the Arth Series after all.”

“Yes, but I suppose the Author might carry on writing about him and us in bits of flash fiction and other short stories.”

“Maybe I should kill the Author?”

At that something bad happened to D’ark, the original one not his cousin. However the Author could not immediately think of something bad and funny to happen to D’ark so, for now, things appeared normal.

“I think that would be a bad idea, “said Vladimir, “it is through him that we are able to interface with the real world. Once he’s gone we are trapped here with no one to tell of our exploits.”

“I don’t mind about that as long as we continue to exist.”

“Ahh, but do we?”

“You are getting very philosophical Vladimir, you’re not turning into a Christian are you? They burn Christians here you know.”

“I can be philosophical without being Christian.”

“Just don’t let the Witch King hear you being philosophical.”

At that Fawh fell from the beam he was perching on landed on the floor and stunned himself. This caused him to revert to his blobbish green state.

“Oh look” said D’ark, “we seem to have a shape changer spying on us. I wonder if it’s Fawh.” He used his pistol on electric mode to keep Fawh in his gelatinous state.