Part 5

CHAPTER TWO

Panting and diving through the undergrowth the large wolf bounded along at breakneck speed. He had been spotted by torch wielding villagers. Easily beating them, the wolf made its way to the cottage on the edge of town and burst through the door. Then it metamorphosised into a man dressed in a white suit. Sitting on the chair by the window he turned the kerosene lamp on. It was only a few minutes later that the villagers knocked on the door.

Answering the man asked, “Hello, what do you want?”

“Have you seen a werewolf hereabouts?” asked the lead villager.

“Werewolf?” asked the man as he took his sunglasses off to look into the black sky, “There’s no full moon tonight/”

“You’re right,” said the second villager. He turned to the second villager, “Vladsterne you are a fool. Fancy disturbing Mr. Presley when it isn’t even a full moon.”

“Sorry Mr. Presley,” said the lead villager as he hung his head in shame.

“Why thank you very much,” he said Elvisly as he closed the door on the bickering villagers.

“But werewolves are only a myth,” said villager two.

“I thought the witch king could pay us handsomely if we could find a real werewolf for his zoo.”

Fawh looked at them through the window and then closed the curtains. Going over to the ornate bureau he opened a secret compartment to reveal an interdimensional transmitter. “Fawh to HQ, Fawh to HQ, come in.”

“This is Lebil,” came a voice at the other end.

“I am just making my report.”

“Go on then.”

“The local villagers are hunting me because they think I am a werewolf.”

“That’s good isn’t it?”

“Not if they find out I’m a shape changer instead.”

“Oh, I see what you mean. They kill shape changers but collect genetic anomalies.” Lebil paused for dramatic effect, “have you tried any other ways to get into the King’s palace?”

“Yes, I fly in as a raven and have a listen in the rafters of the Chancery.”

“So what are they planning then?”

“D’ark has offered them time travel as a weapon against the other 6 dimensions and Xanadu.”

“What does he want in return?”

“The death of Arthur and the earth of the fantasy dimension to rule as world president.”

“So not much then. Do you think they will go for it?”

“This is the final book in the Arth Series isn’t it?”

“Maybe, why?”

“Well unless there’s some kind of big conspiracy that explains all of the mysteries and ties up the threads then it’s going to be boring.”

“You mean like Arthur 2 in the second book?”

“Yes, what did happen to him?”

“I think I’ve seen that one on a time travel jaunt sometime. Yes, he’s in this book.”

“Tell me more.”

“Uh hum,” uh hummed the Author.

“Uh oh,” uh ohed Fawh, “I bet he’s going to tell us it will be revealed later on in the book.”

The Author interjected no more.