Part 2

“He is probably waiting till the assassin tries to assassinate us,” thought Sid.

“What will she try to assassinate us for?” queried Arthur. “In the Da Vinci Code the assassin only tried to kill the lead character when he found out about the French girl, Sophie, and the cover up by the Pope etc.”

“What I don’t understand is what we are going to do in this book. Do we try and find one of the descendants of David?”

“We don’t need to, Tsar Simeon II Of Bulgaria is supposed to be one.”

“Oh. So if we know who he is, and there’s no cover up by the Vatican then what are we going to do?”

“I don’t know.”

Sid and Arthur just sat there resting their eyebrows on the desk and looking glum. 

“Eyebrows?” thought Sid as he tried to rest his eyebrows on the desk.

“Elbows,” corrected I.

Arthur received a telephone call, “Hello?”

A voice at the other end asked, “Is that the Pendragon Symbologist Agency?”

“Er,” said Arthur as he looked at the door to his office and saw letters start mysteriously appearing on the glass, “I suppose it is. What do you require?”

“A symbologist.”

“But they are not real. That academic subject was made up by the real Dan Brown for his book. Besides I am a sinbologist not a symbologist. What do you want?”

“I need somebody to translate some symbols for me as part of a murder investigation. Are you a symbologist or not?”

Arthur covered up the phone and spoke to Sid, “I could tell him it’s probably the albino pookah that’s murdered their victim.” He then took his hand off the microphone, “Where do I need to meet you?”

“Some kind of art gallery in France if we want to stick to the Da Vinci Code parody.”

But we’re not in France. Where exactly did the murder occur?”

“The Ashmolean Museum in Oxford.”

“I know that one, it has the Alfred jewel.”

“It does actually, how long would it take you to get here?”

“Really or if we just skip to the next paragraph?”

“See you in the next paragraph after three empty lines,” said the voice on the other end of the phone just before the man who owned the voice replaced the receiver.

The Ashmolean Museum, Oxford, comprised of the ancient building first used for exhibits in 1685 and the modern part that expanded the ancient interior with an extra two floors finished in 2009.

A police car was parked at the front door with a CSI unit van nearby. A policeman stood at the door restricting entrants. 

“I am sorry Sir but you cannot come in,” the policeman said to Arthur as he held up his hand.

“But I have been invited here by, er, I don’t know his name, he said he needed a symbologist.”

“Are you a symbologist?”

“No, I am a sinbologist, meaning I deal with the observation and classification of sin.”

“So you’re just judgemental then?”

Get 'Only When I Arth 7' FREE on Amazon for five days from tomorrow by searching for Only When I Arth!