Chapter 2 - continent of Gaia

The senior mage and the queen descended the steps together, and as they did so, the queen peered about, realising that nothing had changed from her previous visits to the royal palace's rooms. The queen looked around to see many empty cells with nothing but rodents and hay lying around the floor before heading down to see many rooms. She immediately noticed a strange smell with the queen and didn't expect it to be so unusual for a mage's chambers. Looking towards the door in front of them, she was surprised to see that the palace had never had a royal conspiracy within the court because she knew the kingdom had a low crime rate. The room was bright with luminous rays shining out of the door, and the queen was hiding from the radiant light. The elder mages laughed as the queen made a comment about the brightness of the room.

"You didn't inform me that's the room we're going to!" The Queen remarked.

The elder mage simply nodded in response. Unaware that the queen would be able to withstand the intense light from the room they were heading towards, he turned to face her and told her what to expect. The queen opened her eyes, startled by what she had just witnessed. A massive sphere was hovering above her in the centre of the room, surrounded by cloaked and robed elves who appeared to be chanting with it. Pausing to enjoy the male side of the ball, see the glares directed towards the older mages, and wonder how they manage to have it under the chambers.

"Elder, I must ask what this orb does for the kingdom?"

..

"That? Your majesty, what you're looking at is currently a magic orb; that stays there as a way so we can have more extraordinary magic flown around the kingdom; my people are currently enchanting it, so we can use magic to the fullest when the chance of a siege would appear."

When the elder mage tells the queen what to do with the orb, she sees the explanation and follows him right away. As they walk down a long hallway, the queen notices that it is cleaner than the last room she was in; the floor is clean and smells like flowers. She also notices that the wall paintings depict a map that her ancestor and earlier rulers made, which somewhat illustrates the history of the place.

According to her childhood memories, the land they called home, Gaia, is a mysterious continent that is farther away from another mainland from the great sea. However, the land has a dark past because many of the newly formed nations that were once seekers soon took up arms and vowed to fight in what they refer to as the "17-year war." Several species were wiped off in the conflict during those gloomy times. She knew that her kingdom was the one that suffered the most from the high death rate during that "17-year war," with many of her people being killed by the poison wyverns that were frequently used throughout the conflict. By the time the war ended, the population of the content they loved had never returned to its original number. Following the "war" and negotiations for the seven countries to gather on a small piece of land, The seven big countries came to some sort of compromise, with many of them supporting an alliance that prevents them from going to war. During the recuperation phase, those countries felt betrayed and harboured grudges.

Many armies did not plan a military exercise after the 17-year war because they believed it to be a sign of impending conflict. However, with many nations considering the 17-year war, the kingdoms of Elijah and Leilo came to an agreement that a military exercise between their forces would be planned. This was due to the current predicament faced by the empire from the north. Nevertheless, the kingdom of Lelio was overthrown in five months despite the army's preparation; Their ally may behave for a much longer period of time, based on the knowledge she was headed previously. However, based on the knowledge of this country's artillery, the siege did not continue long, as the empire employed cutting-edge military strategies provided by the aforementioned allies. The queen is aware of the circumstances, their limited resources, and the fact that their boundaries are small; she also knows that many of their friends and limited forces were vanquished by a single, great empire in just two months.