Chapter 23

Derrick

“Bitch I told your bald headed ass that I don’t like green beans. I like corn, corn bitch corn. So why don’t I see any corn?” Zeka yelled at one of the nurses. Next thing you know I heard something crash to the floor. Running back to the room I see the nurse angrily picking up the food and plate, looking back at Zeka I frowned.

“Really Zeka?”

“What? I told her I wanted corn. Do you see corn on the floor?”

“No.”

“Exactly, she lucky that’s all I did.” Looking back at the nurse I saw her mumble something. “What bitch? You say something? Just because I’m pregnant don’t mean I can’t throw a mean left hook.” The nurse just keeps picking the food off the floor while shaking her head. After she got all the food up she stomped out of the room and down the hall.

“Z you can’t treat people that way.”

“I can if don’t give me what I ask for.”

“They are going to end up kicking you out.”

“Good that’s exactly what I’ve been waiting for. I don’t want to be here anyway.” She said folding her arms and pouting like a little kid. She has been bipolar ever since Shawn left a few hours ago. It’s like Shawn is the only one that can control her attitudes and mood swings, you would have thought he gave her the D already. Walking over I gave her the cup of ice that she asked me for.

“Here” I said handing her the cup.

“Thank you.” She replied with tears running down her cheeks.

“It’s just regular ice Zek it’s not that serious.” I joked.

“Shut up.” She chuckled. “D I’m sorry for hurting you.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I gave up on us. I never gave you the chance to explain yourself and then I pretended that I didn’t love you anymore when the truth is I missed you like crazy.”

“Why are you bringing up the past? I’m okay I’m not hurt; I still love you and always will. We let each other go remember. I fucked up so many times and I’m proud that you was able to let me go and stood your ground. To be honest I don’t know if our future would have been perfect like we always wanted, knowing me I probably would have fucked up again down the road. But I do know Shawn’s not, he realizes what he has in front of him just like me when we first met and now. You can date twenty different men just know I’m going to be here for you regardless and that’s my word.” I said wiping her eyes and holding her hand.

“Thank you.” She said cracking a smile.

“No problem.” I smiled back.

“Imma slap these kids for making me so damn emotional and soft.” She joked as we shared a laugh.

“It’s my girl Zeka with that heater.” Aden yelled coming in the room.

“My boy Aden he ain’t playing.” She sang back as they hugged.

“How you feeling baby girl?”

“I’m okay. I’m just ready to go home, I hate hospitals.”

“Yeah, I heard you in here raising hell.”

“Something slight.” She laughed.

“Hey Zeka girl.” Maya said coming up behind Aden.

“Hey My My.”  Zeka shrieked.

“Aden move ya ass out my way so I can give my girl a hug.” Maya said bumping Aden to the side and giving Zeka a hug.

“You could have asked nicer.” Aden said sucking his teeth and moving out the way.