Chapter 8

As they exit the office the bell for class rings. The principal takes Aurelia and Meir into the teachers office.

"You can take the test here. Once your done we will mark it straight after." The principal points to two desks a meter apart in the center of the office.

Aurelia and Meir take a seat, once they are permitted to start they start writing.

One hour later, Aurelia finishes all of the tests and waits patiently for Meir to finish.

Not too long after, Meir finishes. They both hand in the papers to the teacher and chat while the teacher takes them away to mark.

"How did you find it, Meir?" Aurelia gently questions.

Meir sits with his back straight while Aurelia slumps with her chin in her hand. 

"It wasn't too bad. I've pretty much remembered everything that we revised. That helped a lot."

"Glad to be of service, young master."

Meir wrinkles his nose, "why did you say it like that?"

I act oblivious, "like what?"

"You know, 'glad to be of service young master.' That accent and everything."

I clutch my hand above my heart, "that was... too cute, Meir." 'Sloth did you record that?'

[Of course. How could i miss something so cute performed by my younger brother?]

'Your,  younger brother? Yeah, no. Don't even think about it Sloth.' Aurelia warns coldly.

[Oh c'mon! We've been together for 10,00 worlds! We've suffered together, worked together, and relied on each other! We're basically family at this point!!] Sloth desperately tries to convince her, but she doesn't take it.

'My brother is mine, and mine alone, Sloth.'

[What about his significant other later in his life?]

'They will be investigated. Everything depends on the results.'

Sloth quietly mutters, [i wouldn't like to be your brother.]

'What was that?' She asks.

[Nothing! Nothing.]

'Yeah, that's what i thought.'

The principal walks in with two teachers following behind. One is a bright young lady, maybe in her early twenties. Her chocolate hair is tidily laying on her shoulders and her green eyes sparkling. 

The other teacher looks a little... Too good. He looks about 28 with silky straight black hair reaching his waist even though it's tied up in a ponytail. Warm brown eyes and a sharper face. He's wearing a light green turtle neck sweater that nicely defines his lean body and long legs covered by grey pants. 

'He is definitely popular here.' Aurelia comments.

[I know right. I just investigated the man. Smart, kind, and gentle, he receives confession letters from students daily.] Sloth butts in.

'Sometimes, Sloth, my thoughts are meant for my mind only.'

"You two have excellent marks, we look forward to teaching you further. Meir, this will be your teacher, Miss Wain, she teaches class 02. And Aurelia, this is your teacher, Mr Hyth, he teaches class 07. Both of you are able to start straight away if you wish but you will have to continue wearing non-uniform clothing. You can also get your measurements taken in the Uniform shop, they should be ready by this coming Monday."

"Do you want to start today, Meir?" Aurelia gently asks.

"Yes please, big sister." He replies with a bit of blush coating his cheeks.