7 - Pearls

☻♡

☻♡

7 - Pearls

Standing in front of his mirror in his bathroom, Ashton was staring at the black pearls that were draped around his neck, reminding him that Calum was real and not just a part of his imagination.

He let his fingers caress the pearls, feeling the round, smooth outlines of each and every one. They were evilly beautiful, reminding him of some sort of accessory a villain of a movie would wear.

"If you take it off...I will kill you."

Calum's deadly warning was ringing through Ashton's ears, begging him not to actually go through what he was thinking of doing.

What would Calum truly do if he took the necklace off? Would he actually kill him?

Ashton was going insane at that point. The thoughts of what Calum would do to him frightened him, but he couldn't ignore the bubbling curiosity erupting in his chest.

Because even if he was scared, he was also interested in Calum and his sly antics. Would he stay true to his threats? Or would his actions be even worse than mentioned?

Ashton's shaky hands reached behind his neck, soon finding the small metal clasp that was holding the pearls in place around his neck.

He stared at his own reflection while he stayed in place, contemplating if he really should do it. With a soft sigh, he suddenly undid the clasp and let the pearls fall from his neck and down into his hands.

He looked down at the pearls that he now held, seeing the black glisten in the direct light from his bathroom lights.

Putting them down on the counter next to the sink, Ashton looked back into his reflection, feeling relief that he didn't suddenly see Calum there standing behind him like he assumed he would be. Calum was the one for dramatic entrances anyways.

Maybe Calum wasn't as powerful as Ashton initially thought. Or maybe he wasn't the one to keep his promises.

Ashton felt relief, but also...sadness clouding himself at the fact that Calum wasn't there, angrily wondering why Ashton would go against his order of taking off the black pearls.

"What did I tell you, enchantress?"

Ashton jumped from the sudden voice that seemingly came from inside his mind. It was so weird, the sound.

It sounded like there was a voice in his mind, but he could also feel the anger within the other...within Calum.

"What did I tell you?" Calum basically growled out into Ashton's mind, making Ashton whine out at the pain. He gripped onto his head, looking into the mirror and gasping when he saw that his eyes were pitch black like the pearls.

"I'll destroy you if you disobey me, Ashton. I don't appreciate this little game." Calum said in pure annoyance.

"I-I'm sorry!" He whined out, gripping onto his hair and pulling on it while he sobbed out at the pain.

It felt like his brain was being pricked with countless amounts of needles, bringing Ashton unstoppable and unbearable pain.

"Please. Please, Calum! S-Stop!" He yelled out, dropping to the ground and curling his body into itself while the pain only continued.

"It's what you deserve."

"No! Please!" Ashton cried out, tossing on the cold bathroom floor. God he never should have tested the other or his promises.

Of course Calum would punish him for it. And Ashton wasn't enjoying this terrible pain at all.

"Calum!" He yelled out, "Please make it stop!"

"No." Calum growled darkly into his mind, making Ashton whine out more.

If Calum was there he knew he would see a large glare and flaming eyes full of anger. The non-human one would be glaring Ashton down, showing Ashton how much he screwed up by going against his order.

But Ashton could only scream out in pain, sobbing out at the prickling pierces in his brain that only kept coming and coming.

"Get up." Calum ordered darkly.

"I-I can't!" Ashton cried out, feeling the tears wet his cheeks and the piercing in his brain relentlessly continue.

"You can and you will!" Calum yelled out in pure anger, making the pain even worse.

Ashton shakily let go of his head and tried to pry himself up onto his feet. He gripped onto the edge of the counter, barely picking himself up until he weakly leaned his weight against the surface.

He sobbed out even more when he saw his pitch black eyes once again. They were so evil and maddening, and now they were somehow a part of Ashton himself.

"Put the pearls around your neck. And do not ever let me see you without them on again."

Ashton quickly grabbed the pearls, crying out as he draped them around his neck and clipped the necklace back into place.

As soon as the pearls were around his neck once again, the pain started to dwindle down. It was still there, but at a dramatically lower level.

"The pain will continue throughout the day as your punishment. Consider it mercy, I should kill you."

"Calum, I'm sorry." Ashton tried to weakly apologize, but it only made the other scoff in his mind.

"You will show me how sorry you are in your dreams tonight, enchantress."

And after that was said, Ashton could tell that Calum was out of his mind and away from him for the time being. But he sobbed out when still saw the frightening, pitch black eyes and still felt the throbbing piercings in his head.

—•••—

Poor Ashton. 😔

Do you think he deserved ALL THAT just for taking the necklace off??

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚