Epilogue

☻♡

☻♡

Epilogue

Ashton was sat on the cold and uncomfortable cement floor of his small, secluded room. He was sore from sitting on the floor, even if he had a slightly less hard bed to sit on instead.

But he liked sitting on the ground, even if it was uncomfortable. He liked it because Calum would sit in front of him, talking about the evils of his world.

Calum could go on for hours, talking about all the people he's killed and how he's killed them. It was something that would of had Ashton trembling where he stood—well sat—but now he was so entranced in anything and everything the inhuman one did.

It had been like that for the past three months while Ashton had been held prisoner in a psychiatric hospital, which Ashton thought was ridiculous.

He didn't have mental health issues. He should be in prison, not a psychiatric hospital.

Ashton knew it wasn't the correct term for it, but he wasn't crazy. He wasn't insane. He wasn't a maniac. He was simply in love...

Ashton was happy now. He wasn't alone; he had Calum.

Even if for some reason no one else could see the man, Ashton was in love with him and now Calum was all he needed.

He would do anything for Calum; he's already proven that to both of them and to the world who was still obsessively reading about the Ashton Irwin murder case because it was so unbelievably compelling.

"When do you think they'll let me out?" He asked once Calum was finished with one of his stories, peering at the other in thought.

"Oh they'll never let you out, enchantress." Calum laughed out amused, "You're utterly insane at this point."

"I'm insane for you." He smiled brightly, earning a small peck on his lips from Calum.

"Just how I've wanted you to be ever since I laid my eyes on you through the crystal ball."

"I thank the universe everyday for you. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I am the outcome of your manifestations, dear. I'm your deadliest little wish."

The two peered at other each other in pure sadistic love, being content with where they were together. They had each other and that's all that mattered.

Ashton didn't care that he knew close to nothing about Calum. All that Ashton needed to know was that he was loved. Calum possessed so much—too much—dark love for him that none of the other factors mattered to the human man.

And it didn't matter to him that no one believed that Calum was real. It only made him feel even more special that he was the only one who could see Calum.

Calum was his and his only. No one would have the opportunity to even peer at his evil beauty. He had Calum all to himself, and Ashton has proven to be a greedy man when it came to love.

"The pills and therapy will try to push you away from me." Calum stated seriously, grabbing Ashton's hands harshly into his own.

This made Ashton grin even more lovingly towards the man who was violently holding onto him, refusing to let go.

"Nothing will tear us apart. No pill, psychiatrist, or therapist is as powerful as you are. And I'm not insane. Them thinking I am just proves how they don't understand who you are and what you mean to me."

"How disturbingly loving." Calum hummed out, keeping his painful grip on Ashton.

Calum slowly looked to the side and at the door, frowning in distaste, "They're outside watching us."

"Let them watch. Maybe they'll start to understand how real you are."

"Oh, enchantress, I only show myself to you because you're the only one worthy to see me."

"I know." Ashton blushed lightly, interlocking his fingers with Calum's.

But Calum let go of Ashton's right hand, making Ashton frown slightly. But the smile was brought right back once Calum lifted his hand to caress the black pearls that still draped Ashton's neck while he stared into the human's black eyes that only the two of them could see.

"Forever mine." Calum stated seriously.

"Forever yours." Ashton declared in return.

Ashton smiled lovingly into Calum's eyes, getting lost in the beautiful shade of brown. They hid darkness and violence, but Ashton had grown to love it.

He wasn't afraid anymore. They've proven themselves to each other. There was no more time or room for independence.

There was no Ashton without Calum just as there was no Calum without Ashton. They were one with each other.

And Ashton was so entranced with Calum's love that he failed to realize how one with each other they really were.

Because while Ashton continued to live by his days sitting on the cement floor with Calum in front of him, there was a group of psychologists from all over the world studying the infamous Ashton Irwin.

Ashton would declare the whole situation as pure, evil love. But the group of psychologists would declare it as a severe case of schizophrenia.

—•••—

AOCKSJCJWNCMEMDNCND I'M SCREAMING.

Okay so basically to sum it all up if you're a little confused: Calum is a part of Ashton's imagination. Ashton has always been tormented by his bullies, which slowly affected his mental health. Creating and imagining Calum was his way of finally overcoming the trauma where he was able to get rid of the root of his issues (the couple he murdered.) And now Ashton is happy, even if it's false.

Sooo...who saw that coming? ;)

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚