CHAPTER VI - Unicorn's Blood

"Be a unicorn in a field of horses,"

Anonymous

~ "I'm not going into the Forrest," I said in a panicky voice

~ "I'm not going into the Forrest," I said in a panicky voice. I sure was a great actor. I inwardly praised myself before hearing Hagrid say, "Yeh'll do what yeh're told," The oaf. I hadn't really thought him an oaf before, just reflected upon the impression the Malfoys had made for themselves over the centuries. Now I did think him an oaf: half-giant and can't even tell the difference between a wizard and a Sorcerer! The fool. 

"If only my father knew--" I started, already knowing what the oaf was going to say. 

"--he'd tell yer that's how it is at Hogwarts," growled The Oaf. I didn't think he would say that. I didn't think he would say anything at all, just motion for Severus to give me a cup of hot chocolate. 

"Boo," I said lazily. Longbottom shot sparks in the air. The Oaf came and dragged me by the ear. He paired me up with Riddle-Potter. Now all I have to do is lead him to him ...

Ugh. Quirrell must be quite eager to be immortal; he was drinking blood. Now I know why he was wary to do the job himself, why he'd considered a human a better option than a Shapeshifter. Meh. Now all I have to do is--

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!" 

And I run. Easy as that. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Harry's POV:

The new centaur, the one which had scared away the hooded figure, was platinum blonde like Malfoy and had a palomino body. He helped Harry to his feet. 

"Are you all right?" he asked, his pale sapphires of eyes shining brightly as they scanned Harry's face, pausing to stare at the scar on his forehead. 

"Yes, thank you - what was that?" 

"You are the Potter boy," said the centaur, ignoring Harry's question. "You had better get back to Hagrid. The Forest is not safe at this time - especially for you. Can you ride? It will be quicker this way. My name is Firenze," he added. 

"Snape wants the Stone for Voldemort ... and Voldemort's waiting in the Forest ... and all this time we just thought the Snapes wanted to get rich! Firenze saved me, but he shouldn't have done ... Bane was furious ... he said that Firenze shouldn't have interfered with the stars ... he - he - he should have let me die! Voldemort will return and he will kill me!" 

"Will you stop saying the name!" whispered Ron furiously. 

"Harry," said Hermione, scared but calm. "They say that Professor Dumbledore was the only person You-Know-Who ever feared. As long as Dumbledore is at Hogwarts, You-Know-Who can't hurt you. And the centaurs are just telling fortune and Professor McGonagall says that's an imprecise branch of magic," (little did old Minerva McGonagall know that a boy's fate will be decided by 'fortune-telling') 

Harry, a little bit comforted by Hermione's confident words, went to bed with Ron. But when he pulled back the sheets, he found another surprise. 

Written in a handwriting he recognized from his Christmas present, were the words:

Just in case. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love that song. I just heard it today. I constantly have a Nightcore mix running on YouTube with my Wattpad and Online Classes (when they used to be 😢) and on another Chrome Profile window, I have my PotterheadTilDead account open.