1 - Age Seventeen

At seventeen, things were slowly beginning to change. Jungkook and I argued frequently over the smallest things in life. Taehyung often called us an old married couple due to the arguments and bickering we did. It all began when we stopped speaking to each other for three days or even looking at each other. From the moment that Jungkook and I stopped speaking to each other, I realised how lonely I felt without him and how much I needed him in my life. 

We were both stupid and naïve, but we were only thinking about our own feelings rather than each others. I had been so mad at him for three solid days, that I ended up breaking. Jungkook was important to me, so those three days were long and miserable. 

We were at that age where girls wanted to date Jungkook because he suddenly became noticeably attractive, and he became very aware of his face. He flaunted his good looks, his now well defined body and his many talents in and out of school. Everyone wanted to date Jungkook. One thing lead to another and Jungkook's ego got too big and began dating a new girl every two weeks which resulted in a lot of heartbreak and becoming the biggest player in school. 

At first, I thought that dating other people was a good idea, and it would wave off the idea I was dating Jungkook in the first place. However, it became an unexpected turnover when I became finally happy in my new relationship. It wasn't serious, but I was happy. Although, it began to both cause Jungkook and I to become distant to each other.

I met Kim Namjoon at the beginning of the school year. He had transferred to this school due to moving a new house which I had in common with. He was extremely smart and friendly to everyone including me. We instantly connected and feelings between us bloomed. Namjoon was sweet and kind to me, he never pressured me into anything. He would always treat me well and that made me happy. Even my parents adored him. 

Jungkook was onto his next girlfriend - not knowing how long they would last. She was some senior girl named Sohee. She was quite popular and well known in her year which considered Jungkook a lucky guy for dating such a popular and interesting girl. This was when Jungkook began to change before my eyes. He had become so distracted with the number of girls he slept with, he started slacking in his studied by ranking quite low in his class exams. For someone who cared about studying and good grades, it became a shock to both Taehyung and Jimin who ranked higher than him in the exams. I wasn't sure whether it was because he was distracted by girls all the time, or he didn't want to be the best anymore. 

I only recently found out due to his father's high expectations, Jungkook was forced to study hard and do something he didn't love. His father wanted Jungkook to become a doctor and study at Seoul National University but it was something Jungkook didn't want. He wanted to become a film director in the future but if he ever told his father that, he would instantly disapprove his career path. Maybe, this was the way of rebelling against his father's wishes by not studying hard enough. 

Weeks later, not to my surprise, Jungkook and Sohee broke up. However, this time he was clearly hurt over it because it was Sohee who ended things with Jungkook. This probably broke Jungkook's ego as she was the first girl to ever break up with him, breaking his current streak of breaking other people's hearts. As the superior Jungkook did what he did best and moved on from his current heartbreak from Sohee and dated another girl. That's when things began to turn sour between us. 

Jungkook became very bitter regarding the topic of Namjoon. He clearly showed that he disliked Namjoon and always questioned whether I was happy in our relationship. There wasn't a moment when Jungkook was constantly complaining about the lack of attention and time I was giving him and how I always have Namjoon beside me. 

My first initial thought was because Namjoon always ranked first in the whole school after exams because Jungkook seemed to never study anymore. The situation made me feel terrible because I realised Jungkook was not happy that I was dating Namjoon, but I liked him too much and I didn't want to lose either of them. Namjoon was charming and was never angry at me, too well spoken and handsome, I must add. He was another person who just cared for me, and I knew I couldn't just rely on Jungkook every time I was upset or angry, after all he was just my friend, not my boyfriend.