10. Start Of Something New

The last thing you heard was your brother's voice calling your name.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

You woke up to the smell of sterilized floors and antiseptics, recognizing the area all too well.

And oh did you hate hospitals.

You slowly got up and looked around, your body still aching and your stomach rumbling.

IVs were attached to your arm, bandages wrapped around your torso, arms and fingers.

You brought your hand up to your face and felt an eyepatch on your left eye.

"What the fuck happened to me." You mumbled, sighing.

You heard a gasp from close by, shifting your gaze towards it.

It was Jay, entering the room.

He was frozen in place, looking at you.

Then he brought his hand up to his face, under his fringe to cover his eyes and started crying with a smile on his face.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Jay had calmed down a while after that, sitting beside your bed as he grasped your hand just tight enough to not hurt you.

"How long have I been out? I'm starving." You asked, sighing as you looked at the time.

Jay held up two fingers with his free hand.

"Two days?" You asked.

Jay shook his head.

"Wait...two weeks???!!" You were taken aback.

Jay nods his head yes.

You ask Jay to bring the file on your information to you to read what exactly happened.

It read that you were brought in with a  severe amount of bone fractures, bruises, a damaged eye, cuts and scrapes and a variety of injuries.

It also said you were absolutely PUMPED with drugs when you arrived.

You could see texting on his phone and you were only hoping that it was your brother he was contacting.

Sure enough, in a matter of minutes your siblings rushed into the room, Hyungsik already in tears as your sister put on a tough act.

Jay smiled at you and left the room, seemingly finding it hard to let go of your hand.

But he did.

You needed to be with your family right now.

Hyungsik wiped a tear and chuckled, hugging you tightly, "You know, no matter how hard I tried to stay with you, there would always be times when I had to be somewhere. You know who never left? That boy out there."

Your heart skipped a beat and you smiled warmly.

No matter how hard things would get, you knew there were people who cared about you.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

You were going to be kept in the hospital for a while even after waking up to be observed and honestly that's fair but you found things to get boring every now and then.

Fortunately, you had Jay with you there 24/7.

No matter how much you tried to persuade him, he wouldn't leave your side.

Not after he waited.

Not after he was so scared to lose you.

It's odd isn't it?

You two met quite recently but it feels like you've known each other forever.

There was...a special bond you two shared.

Still, you never told Jay that you had seen him in your dreams as well, leaving him to think that only he was the one to have his fantasies come true.

Jay would listen to you talk about old days, then he would text you stories about himself.

Getting to know each other was a beautiful thing and Jay cherished it.

He was falling harder and harder for you every second and you were growing quite fond of him as well.

It felt like there was no need for anything else, he held your hand tightly and you squeezed it back for reassurance.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Around a month had passed, Jay stayed with you the entire time, your family staying with you as much as possible and your friends coming to meet you every now and then.

You were sitting in a park with Jay, some of your bones still needed time healing and your eye was getting better but still needed an eyepatch.

No one dared mention that day with your father, and you were in no mood to talk about it either.

It was a painful memory, just like the others, but you were sure it was painful to everyone else as well.

Hyungsik told you how Jay had been the one to save you that day, how Jay's rage seemed unparalleled.

With your hand in Jay's, you gazed at the children playing around, blowing bubbles and laughing.

All the while, Jay gazed at you.

He never wanted to lose you.

He never wanted to leave your side.

Sure people might suggest you two didn't even know each other that well, but it didn't feel like that.

This was destiny, not some kind of pushed relationship.

Still, you and Jay had talked and decided that you needed to actually get to know each other.

You told Jay that what he feels might not be true, just infatuation from his dreams, although this was more of you trying to convince yourself.

Nevertheless Jay denied, claiming everything he felt to be true.

"We need time." You mumbled.

Jay looked at you, confused at the sudden statement.

"It all feels like it's going too fast, and if it's moving fast, it'll just go away even faster." You said, watching a cat walk by.

Jay sent you a text, 'Is there something on your mind?'

You sighed and smiled at the text.

"You already know what happened that day. It's only a matter of time before father goes at it again. I just wish we get more time in between." You said, as if the next time you're in your father's clutches would be the last.

Jay vigorously shook his head and texted.

"No! It will never happen again! I promise to keep you safe!" You read out.

You smiled at Jay and leaned against him.

"Thanks."

Doesn't get any better than his does it?

It was like the two of you were soulmates.

You didn't wanna lose him.

So, you made the jump.

We have to spend more time together, but not as just friends...

"Jay?" You called.

He looked at you.

"Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A/n:-

Before you murder me, yes I know I took very long to update but I've had a very rough year with lots of pain which lead to alot of things including writers block.

But recently I've gotten the energy and motivation back to write :)

Please enjoy

-Ash