Part 29

We landed in Wakanda, right outside the main castle. The ramp lowered and we all walked down.

"Do we bow?" Bruce asked.

"Of course he's a king" Rhodey teased.

We walked out and Bruce bowed down, I had to bite back a laugh as Bruce quickly realized no one else was doing that too.

"Oh no we don't do that here" T'challa said.

Bruce shot a glare at Rhodey whilst him and Sam laughed at him. We headed out of the quinjet and onto the landing pad.

"I have the dora milaje and the tribes ready to fight aswell as" T'challa then stepped aside.

Bucky turned around the corner walking over to Steve.

"A semi stable 100 year old man" Bucky said with a wide smile.

Probably the happiest I've ever seen Bucky.

"How you been Buck?" Steve asked pulling Bucky into a hug.

"Alright" He said.

Bucky pulled away and walked over to me.

"Hey doll" He said.

I let out a small laugh and gave Bucky a quick hug.

"Good to see you Bucky" I replied.

"C'mon Buck that's my girl" Steve chuckled.

Bucky pulled away a smirk spreading across his face.

"He actually did ask you out" Bucky chuckled.

Steve rolled his eyes at Bucky as I let out a light laugh.

We followed T'challa up to Shuri's lab. Sam and Wanda helping vision walk. Bruce and Shuri began to talk and I could tell that they were suprised that a teenager had as much knowledge as Shuri.

"So can you do it?" Wanda asked her hand holding onto Visions.

"Yes it will take some time but I can do it" She said.

I looked over at Steve who was looking out the large window out at the fields seperating the town and the border.

"Hey" I said coming to stand next to him.

"Hey" He replied back softly.

I offered him a small smile and gave his hand a squeeze.

"There's something I need to tell you" Steve said nervously.

I nodded and Steve lead me into the next room providing us some privacy from the others.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Look when all of this is over will you marry me, this isn't me proposing ok this is me just asking" Steve said.

A smile spread across my face, I reached forward and grabbed Steve's hand holding it in mine.

"Yes, Steve I would marry you in a heartbeat" I replied.

Steve looked up and his eyes began to water.

"Really?" He asked.

My vision began to blur as tears welled up in my eyes. I nodded and wiped away a few stray tears.

"I love you Steve" I said.

"I love you too" He chuckled.

He stepped forward closing the gap between us as he placed a warm kiss on my lip. I smiled and cupped Steve's face my thumb caressing his cheek.

I pulled away and rested my forehead on his, our hot breaths mingling.

Steve dug around in his pocket and pulled a small piece of paper out. It was tied up like a ring. He softly lifted uo my hand and slipped the paper ring onto it.

"I'll get you a proper ring" Steve chuckled.

"I don't need one, this is enough you are enough" I replied.

"After this, we can go back to Brooklyn" Steve said with a smile.

"We could raise a family" I whispered.

"You have no idea how much I want that" Steve breathed out.

I smiled as I could feel more tears coming and pressed my lips against his.

We could hear footsteps approaching so we separated. T'challa walked in and offered us an apologetic smile before speaking.

"I'm so sorry to cut this moment short, but they are here" T'challa said.

"Then let's go" Steve said taking a deep breath.

"Somebody get this man a shield" T'challa shouted out to the staff.

Steve looked over at me offering me a sad smile. T'challa walked out of the room heading outside.

"Let's go fight" Steve said.

"Together" I said.

"Together" Steve repeated.

We both headed outside passing the dora milaje and border tribes. The paper ring tied on my finger.

Steve and I stood at the front. Alongside Natasha and Bucky.

"They're killing themselves" T'challa said.

One of the Chitauri managed to escape through the border, the aliens circling around the invisible border surrounding the border.

"What do we do?" Okoye asked T'challa.

"We'll keep them infront of us" He said

T'challa lifted his hand up, pressing the earpiece in his ear.

"In my signal open the western quandrant" T'challa spoke.

T'challa let out a shout and charged forward, shouting out to open the border. The border opened and the Chitauri came pouring through.

I guess it's time to fight.