13| ᴀʟᴘʜᴀ ᴀssʜᴏʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ sʜɪғᴛs

ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪs ᴀ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴍᴏɴsᴛᴇʀ?ᴏʜ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪᴛ𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕: 𝑰 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰'𝒎 𝑶𝒌𝒂𝒚 - 𝑴𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝑮𝒖𝒏 𝑲𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝒀𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒅, 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒔 𝑩𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒆𝒓

ᴏʜ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪᴛ
𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕: 𝑰 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰'𝒎 𝑶𝒌𝒂𝒚 - 𝑴𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝑮𝒖𝒏 𝑲𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒚, 𝒀𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒅, 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒔 𝑩𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒆𝒓

_____________________________

Lance bit into the baked spaghetti, trying so hard not to moan in delight because it was his first time tasting this sort of food. Although, the tension was really thick in the air, he glued his eyes to the red checkered fork he was holding.

"Defying my house with sex, is prohibited." Alpha Thomas spoke with so much authority but Lance didn't seem fazed by his voice.

"We didn't have sex." Lance clarified and curled his toes tightly at the kick Sugar gave him from the opposite direction.

"Almost." her little brother of about 15 years joked and Lance glared at him, which he found more amusing. Her brother was the first person he saw when they both got out of Sugar's room to join the family for lunch. He wondered how time flew so fast.

"He obviously lacks manners. Remind me why you marked him again? Oh right, he's your mate. I bet if you had rejected him and accepted Lake instead, I'd have a better successor for the Wolfhill pack." Lance stared at the Alpha with so much anger that you could feel the magnetic pull of two Alpha males staring each other down.

"Tom, we're not doing this with him here." Luna Winona ordered and Alpha Thomas rolled his eyes and went back to eating.

Sugar pleaded to Lance with her facial expression, as if she was sorry about how assholy her father was.

Maybe it was his fault. He shouldn't have showed up in the first place. Hikaru was right, her father did really have a dumb skull. A hard-to-crack one and he needed to leave here. But he couldn't, he wouldn't want to leave Sugar to face this problem alone.

"Do you trust him?" Alpha Thomas asked Sugar and Lance pretended to act like he wasn't listening.

"Yes, I trust him dad." she replied and Lance scoffed inwardly. What did she know about trust? He could decide to break whatever she had for him in seconds and just walk away like nothing ever happened. He could be lying to himself. What was there to trust if he didn't even trust himself?

"You see that? That's what got Derek into that mess. He trusted his mate and where did leave him? A rogue. A dirty, useless ro-"

"Lance is nothing like that." Sugar interrupted her father.

"How are you so sure he isn't just like his mother?" Alpha Thomas asked and Lance couldn't take it any longer. He threw his fork down loudly on the table and stood up. The fact that he was right there, in front of the alpha who said all sorts of wrong things about his mother infruirated him.