05|sᴛʀᴀᴡʙᴇʀʀɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴᴠɪᴛᴇs

ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ,ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀs ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

ᴀɴᴅ sᴜᴅᴅᴇɴʟʏ,
ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇʀs ᴀɢᴀɪɴ.

𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕: 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒘𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑳𝒊𝒑𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒌 - 𝒀𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒅

___________________________

He bit the tip of his pen as a bead of sweat rolled from his jaw down to his neck. The silence in the class made matters worse. Everyone seemed to be busy with their thing. He glanced at Sugar who sat in front of the guy next to him. She scribbled nonsense on her note and had her head resting on her palm with her elbows on the table.

They were given a surprise quiz on a topic he had no clue about. It was like his teacher forgot he was new here and made him take the quiz with the rest. The only thing he did put down was his name and what he feared was the embarrassment he knew he was going to receive.

"Lancelot Preston Griffin."

"Shit." he muttered as the imaginary spotlight landed on him. All heads turned back to stare at him excluding her. He was glad she didn't turn around but that didn't stop his chest to ache a little. She had been acting like he was invisible in all the classes they had shared together.

He stood up with shaky legs and went forward slowly to the teacher's desk. His footsteps squeaking on the tiled floor was the only sound that was heard. He silently wished the ground would open up and take him down to hell or the end of the class electric bell would buzz but that would be impossible considering he had 20 more minutes left. Fucking great.

"You called me." he said with a low voice as he got closer to the teacher, blocking the students view. He wanted to correct her on the name she called but he knew that would be blowing a flame with a fan.

"I'm not familiar with your name and face." she started and he plastered a blank look on his face when she raised her head to stare at him.

"That's because I'm new." he stated dryly and she nodded and pulled out his paper. At least it wasn't all empty. It had his name on it. That was something right?

"Well it seems like you're gonna take long to adjust to my subject so I'd like to appoint you a tutor."

"A what?" Lance bewildered, found himself asking a bit too loud. She ignored.

"She's my brightest and sweetest student." she continued and Lance felt irritation starting to build. If there was anything he hated was to depend on someone. Especially a girl.

The bell rang and he wished he was among the students who ran out of the class like their lives depended on it.

"Sugar." the teacher called in her highest pitch and Lance shut his eyes, fighting the urge to hold the bridge of his nose. He could feel her standing close to him. His abdomen did some weird flip flops when her fresh strawberry scent filled his nose. He turned to face her but she had her eyes glued to the teacher.