The right place

"So we're expecting photos?" August seemed a tad grumpy as we packed things for a baseball games the kids were excited about.

"Quite possibly" Peter tried to brush it off; we'd been relatively luck with not having too many pictures of our relationship however, this was a outside thing, press had been keen for a while to get a good picture of Peter and me playing happy families and I guess they might see this as their shot. Mariska had spilt the beans that peter and I were together a few months ago, and I'd posted a few things on Instagram but this was going to be our first thing out as a couple with the kids.

"How about we pose for one if they try and then we ask them nicely to leave us alone" I tried to placate.

"And is that going to work?" There was no pleasing the teen.

"We can but try August, and see what happens. If it ruins your fun, I'll pay for the next lot of tickets and I will stay at home" I smiled and loaded him with his bag and we headed out to the waiting car.

We found our seats at the ball game and the kids pestered us and managed to get food all with very little incidents. Everyone had just started to relax but I'd had my eye on cameras that were pointed in our direction. I stayed calm and we just ignored it and actually we didn't get bothered by anything. Peter was being particularly hands off and there wasn't much to get a photo of.

That was until the "kiss cam" got us in their sights. There were a few people caught before us and then I heard Amaya shriek "ha! Gross!" She teased and I looked over to see us on the screen. Peter looked over a little taken a back but leaned over with a smile.

"Keep it PG" he joked before we kissed. It was relatively tame, but definitely solidified our status as 'in a relationship' there was no denying it, it was definitely not just a friendly kiss.

We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon and by the time we'd got home the press worries from the morning had been put to one side. Checking my phone though, my Assistant had sent over a document with a fair few links to article and posts about the kiss. She'd picked the ones that set things out in a positive light but she did summarise the others.

Mainly shit about the two of you being rather hot together - confirming rumours and stuff.  Some questioning if you were involved in the marriage split but then ref. that M denied you were anything to do with it. I say post something normal soon and then with the two of you in a few days and it'll be fine.

I was a little quiet as the kids went to bed. "Everything ok?" Peter brought me a glass of wine on the sofa after tucking the smaller ones in and leaving august to his school stuff in his room.

"Absolutely fine. I promise. Just thinking how happy I am" I replied sipping the drink.

"Me too" he leant over and kissed me. "You sure that's it?"

"Yeah. I'm just happy things are getting properly out there about us I guess. It means I can talk about you more, we can hold hands in public and just be kinda normal"

"Were you not being normal already?"

"I guess not quite. When we started seeing each other I was expecting the whole thing to be over as quickly as it started, that I was going to be a rebound thing..."

He interrupted "that's not me though, I would never..."

"I know that now." I kissed him quickly "but I guess somehow I keep waiting for that moment to happen, or for people to start making shit up about your divorce or something. I guess I'm just being a bit of a pessimist"

"You are" he pulled me to his side and I snuggled in "a rebound relationship of any kind was never on the table for me. I wouldn't have let anything happen with you or anyone, had I not been in the right place (even if I did find you so fucking hot). But that's exactly what what this is, the right place. For me, and for you. I'm totally in this"

"Me too"

"Good" he went a little quiet and took a big swig of his drink "how about we make this a bit more of a real thing then?" He said a little nervously. I sat up a little my hand on his chest. "You're here all of the time, and I wouldn't want anything else, I was kinda wondering if you would, ummm how about moving in?" His eyes darted across mine looking for an answer. "It doesn't have to be straight away, you can take your time but I don't want to have to wake up without you much more"

"I'd love that" I smiled and he looked excitedly over.