Chapter 5

~Vivianne~

“I don’t want to hear it Carter! You obviously are keeping something from me! It doesn’t matter though, seeing as we have no need to talk to each other anymore.”

I turned away, trying to walk away, but he grabbed my arm, stopping me. I turned back towards him, annoyance creeping over my face. We had finished the audition smoothly, but not without tension. The man inside obviously knew Carter well. This wasn’t his first time.

“Come on Vi, it’s not like you ever asked me about myself. Why are you so mad?”

I didn’t know. But for some reason, anger was running through my body, making me stop and glare at him. I didn’t care what he said, I was going to stay mad. He had said he owned Cravens, and I didn’t doubt it, but there was something more to what he said.

I jerked my arm out of his grasp, turning away again, hoping he wouldn’t stop me this time. I stomped down the sidewalk in front of the theater, listening to the telltale sign of footsteps that would tell me if he was following.

“Vi! Let me explain! Just give me a second!”

I slowed to a stop, waiting for him to catch up. He stopped in front of me, panting slightly. I raised my eyebrows, planting my hands on my hips, waiting for an explanation.

“Alright. So I may be more than just a schoolboy. My family is pretty rich and they have been in the theater business for a long time. I also may have been a part of theater too, but that’s all!”

He looked at me, waiting for any expression. I thought about it. I felt like he was still hiding something from me. But he wasn’t lying. I could tell he felt at home on the stage, but he was still cautious. Something had happened that he’s not telling me, but I decided to let it go.

“Whatever Carter, I’ll see you around.”

I pushed pass him, leaving him standing there.

~Carter~

I knew I probably should have told her the whole story, but I’ve never told anyone that whole story. I barely even knew her. But she knew me well enough to tell I was keeping something from her.

I watched her back as she walked away slowly. I would have to tell her sometime.

~

 Beep

Beep

I groaned, turning over in bed, slamming my fist down on the clock, shutting it off. I lay still for another minute, slowly waking up.

I had told myself that I needed to get in shape if I really wanted to be part of the theater business again. So I set the alarm clock for 6 on a Saturday.

I was starting to regret this action, but I knew it was too late to go back to sleep now. I might as well continue with the plan.

I got dressed slowly and headed to the kitchen, careful not to wake anyone else in the house. Antonio hadn’t told my parents I had auditioned after much begging on my part, so I still need to keep my visits to Cravens a secret.

I grabbed a bowl of cereal, stuffing it down quickly before grabbing my bag and heading out the door. I would be home before 10, so I didn’t bother to leave a note, knowing full well my parents wouldn’t get up until 10:30 at the earliest.

I hopped in the back of a cab, directing the driver to Craven’s. I thanked him, paid him and got out.

Craven’s was even quieter in the morning, the early morning shadows still spread across the floor, flashing in the mirrors.

I turned on my music slowly, stretching my sore muscles, testing their flexibility. I had lost a lot of my old flexibility after a year of inactivity, but I was regaining it slowly.

I started out with an easy movement dance, missing Vi’s usual presence in the room. It was too quiet without her. I shook my head, telling myself to focus.

I started to spin and jump, moving faster and faster as the music got faster. I smiled, my eyes closed as my body started to move and twist in the familiar way. I had missed this.

All of a sudden, sharp pain ran up the side of my right leg. I collapsed on the floor clutching my leg to my chest. Breathing heavily, I waiting impatiently for the pain to subside. I stretched my legs out slowly, pulling my pants up slowly to reveal a deep scar running from my ankle all the way to my knee, curving here and there.

I winced, touching the wound softly and feeling the pain shooting up the side of my leg. The doctor had said nothing would be the same, that I wouldn’t be able to move like I once did, but I didn’t think I would have to feel this pain again.

What would I tell Vi?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry that it's a short chapter been kind of busy lately. drama. u kno. the normal stuff

Anywase so I hope you like the new addition. Carters got a little more going on then just an annoying brat huh? I don't even know where im going with this....we shall see =)

Thanks for reading! As always, vote and comment! Thanks!