P p

PAD - Peripheral Arterial Disease
          Narrowing of the arteries, which results in reduce blood flow, usually to the legs. Usually results from arthrosclerosis or cholesterol deposition  in the walls of the arteries that leads to reduce peripheral blood flow.

Palexia
Opioid pain relief

Pancreatitis           Inflammation of the Pancreas, leading to fluid loss in the 3rd space

Pancreatitis
          Inflammation of the Pancreas, leading to fluid loss in the 3rd space.

Pantoprazole
Proton pump inhibitor ☞ stomach ulcers, reflux...

Paracentesis
Procedure performed to obtain a small sample of, or drain, ascitic fluid for both diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. A needle or catheter is inserted into peritoneal cavity to remove ascitic fluid.

Paracoxib
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, for reducing inflammatory mediators by inhibiting the enzyme cycle-oxygenase 2.

Paroxysmal AF, also, Intermittent AF
          A rapid, erratic heart rate with sudden and resolution within 7 days.

PCOS - Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Produce ↑ male hormone & ∴ miss menstrual periods & have difficulties with pregnancy. Enlarged ovaries with small cysts on outer edges.

PD - Parkinson's Disease / Parkinsonian Disease          A degenerative neurological disorder involving dopamine depletion, affecting basal ganglia that leads to loss of dopaminergic neurones in parts of the body that spreads over time to the cere...

          A degenerative neurological disorder involving dopamine depletion, affecting basal ganglia that leads to loss of dopaminergic neurones in parts of the body that spreads over time to the cerebral cortex affecting cognitive function.