Chapter 13 - Lies

"We'll find him" Lauren said as she looked around the club. As we walked through the crowd, we walked towards the area we were in last night. This isn't a huge club so it won't be hard to find him. Especially since I know where he usually sits. I kept walking pretty quickly.

Then my heart dropped when I spotted Jason. The girl from last night was sitting right next to him with Cameron sitting on the other side of her. The three of them were talking and laughing.

"Is that the same girl?" She asked me.

"Yeah" I told her as my eyes didn't move from them. I watched as Jason said something making the girl and Cameron laugh. She put his hand on Jason arm as she laughed then took it off after a few seconds.

My blood boiled. I feel sick. My gut feeling was right. I knew he wanted to come back here tonight to see her. Without thinking, I quickly walked over to the table. All their eyes landed on me and Jason looked so surprised.

"Angel" Jason said and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I knew it" I said then laughed as I shook my head. "Take me back home Lauren" I said as I looked over at her. She nodded and pulled me away quickly. "My gut feelings are always right. I fucking knew I felt weird for a reason" I said as I started to get anxiety and walked faster out of the club.

***

I prepared myself and took a deep breath as I finally heard footsteps coming up the stairs meaning Jason is now home. I just got home less than ten minutes ago so I know he left right after I did. I tapped my foot because of my anxiety as I stood by our dresser.

The bed room door quickly opened and he walked in looking upset.

"Angel-"

"'Business'? Really?" I asked as I crossed my arms and he walked closer to me after he shut the door.

"it's not what you think" Jason tried to tell me.

"Then what is it? Huh?"

"I can't tell you" he said as he sighed.

"Wow" I said and rolled my eyes.

"No I know what you're thinking but it's not-"

"You can't tell me what you were doing with her?" He just stared at me with sad eyes. "Get out please. Just leave me alone. I want to be alone" I begged.

"Mack, stop don't do this" he tried to step closer but I stepped back. "Don't you trust me?" He asked and I heisted to answer.

"Yes, but right now I'm questioning it"

"You have to just trust me" he begged.

"I thought this time we would be stronger because we have never broke up like that before. But I feel like it only changed for a short amount of time. We are going back to consistently having an issue-" he cut me off.

"I know where you're going with this, don't do this"

"What else can I do?" I asked as my anxiety was getting worse and I was trying so hard not to cry.

"Tell me you don't want to be with me anymore and I'll leave" he said and I felt some tears fall. We just stared into each other eyes and just by the look in his eyes I know he doesn't want to tell me the truth. Which proves it.

"I don't want to be with you anymore" I lied and I saw pain in his eyes. I watched a scared and upset look come over his face. I know he didn't expect that. I didn't even think I would say it.

I do want to be with him. I don't even know what I said that.

He stared at me for a few more seconds, which felt much longer, then he walked out. I leaned against the wall and let all the tears come out. I heard his footsteps doing down the stairs then I heard the front door shut. I slid down to the floor and cried even harder.