(十五)Fifteen

"Xiao Ye?", Shen Wei was quite surprised when he received a call from Ye Zun.

 His younger brother, the exact person who doesn’t even bother to return his messages nor answer his phone calls, has unexpectedly called him. What’s more, it’s a video call.

The young man was incredibly well-behaved on the other end of the phone's screen, smiling beautifully at the camera, revealing a full row of teeth.

 "Ge, can you come and pick me up this afternoon? I have a friend who wants to meet you and hang out at home."

The camera shifted, and the young man beside his younger brother panicked and fixed his clothes, his face flushed and stammering, unable to say a word clearly.

 Shen Wei raised his eyebrows, this was the first time that Ye Zun wanted to bring someone home.

He carefully identified the young man beside Ye Zun, who seemed to be the son of Inspector Gao.

A few months ago, someone was causing trouble in the East District and the person who helped them out was this police officer called Gao. The business card the man had left was still clipped to his desk in the office. 

The police officer did treasure his son, and the last time they met, his son's picture was on his keychain. A child of such a family... Ye Zun wasn't quite as messing around as the butler claimed.

"Okay, what time exactly? I'll pick you up.", Shen Wei glanced at his watch and smiled gently.

The young man’s face was so red as if it was about to explode, and the camera finally swung back to his own brother's face. Ye Zun didn't react much and hung up the phone after quoting the time without waiting for him to answer.

Shen Wei looked at the time of the meeting on his agenda and rubbed his forehead. 

Ye Zun really didn't know how to pick his time.

But this was the first time that Ye Zun wanted to take a friend home .... He appointed to call his secretary and stiffly ignored the woman's gossipy eyes that were about to glare through him and called for the meeting that was arranged this afternoon to be postponed.

He had seen the pictures sent out by the self-publisher in the morning, and fortunately, the one called Cong Bo still knew some sense of proportion. After getting someone to pay him, the pictures sent were clearer of his face only and Ye Zun's face was blurred and hard to see and recognize how he looked like.

 He has already asked someone to secretly pay a lot of money to find someone who fits the bill so that even if the matter does get too well and fester to his father's side, he will be able to explain. It wasn't as if he hadn't been subjected to this kind of inexplicable gossip before, but this time it was on a scale that was more than a little bit bigger.

He shifted his office chair, fished out his car keys from the bottom of the drawer, finished flicking through the papers in his hand, made some annotations and then got up to leave the office.

He was going to pick up his younger brother.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°