NEW. 50. Mrs. Winters

Hello my lovely readers! Sorry for not uploading yesterday, I was a lill' busy, but I hope u enjoy this chapter!

Also, please go ahead and follow me on Instagram at: jv_weez

50. Mrs. Winters

"No."

I cross my arms, frowning at Luke. He holds my gaze, his own immovable with determination.

We're sitting in the kitchen, the table laden with breakfast that both of us made together. The morning was as blissful as they come, waking up in his arms, and then cooking together had been more than amazing.

Only, right now I want to whack him on the head.

"Why?" I ask

"Because I don't want him anywhere near you," Luke says firmly

"Come on!" I lean forward in my chair, towards him "He's my friend! He might still be worried about me taking a bullet."

His eyes only narrow at that "You're wellbeing is none of his business."

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Calm, Elise, calm. What you need is to stay chill and make Luke see things from your side.

"Luke," I take his hand in my own "Don't you trust me?"

The steel in his gaze falters at that, his fingers tighten around my own "Its not you I don't trust."

"Ethan is just," I take a second to gather my thoughts "He just misunderstood where we stand. I don't want to be the reason someone gets hurt like that."

A frown tugs at the corner of his lips "You didn't seem to think that when you told me to get lost."

I blink at his serious expression and I try, seriously try and fail to keep my face straight since—

A laugh bubbles past my lips and still laughing I ask; "Seriously?"

His frown deepens "That is not funny."

"I remember proposing some very solid facts when I told you to 'Get lost'," I burst out laughing again

"That's it," Luke says, feigning hurt "My own mate doesn't think I might be hurt."

He stands up from his seat, and I, still gigging, quickly stop him by grabbing his arm. Luke looks over his shoulder at me, and its all I can do not to start laughing again at his 'devastated' face.

"I'm sorry," I stand to my feet as well so we're facing each other "I didn't mean to, honest."

He brushes his other hand along the side of my face, stopping as he reaches the back of my neck, leaving fire along my skin.

"You mean it?" Luke asks, and I realize he's not joking any more

I nod, his callouses skin brushing delightfully against my own, and a smile curves at my lips.

"I was sorry back then too," I tell him "But I knew I'd doom us both if I let my emotions get the better of me."

Luke steps closer, putting his forehead against mine "At the end of the day, you were the stronger one. Always."

Alpha's HuntOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara