NEW. 55. Hasta La Vista

No time for N/A. Enjoy the chapter!

55. Hasta La Vista

The attendants found us.

And the poor souls, I don't think their holy eyes were ready to see two mates making out in the open, in plain day.
To their credit, they did congratulate us on our engagement and gave us their blessings.

After a much dramatic departure—with Casper feigning hurt at not being invited at our engagement, Ethan, Joseph and their companions giving us heartfelt congrats at breakfast, Luke and I trying and failing to have a one-on-one see-you-soon—I'm sitting in a car, admiring my ring.

Two guards sit on the seat across mine, and one sits on my left. All silent men with stone faces. I don't even try to start a conversation.
Dang it, I already miss him.

I sigh, then give my head a determined shake. No, I'm not going to act like a love sick puppy. I'm going back to Mom, to my friends. I might as well enjoy the last few days I'm going to spend in that pack.

Only a millennium later, I see the familiar streets of Minneapolis, the hustle of the city and soon, we're racing down the earthen road to the pack estate.

The car stops and just as the doors unlock, I jump out of the damned vehicle and take a deep, deep breath.

"Ms. Attwood, we have orders to guide you up to the very entrance." One of the guards says in a deep, gravely voice

I nod at him start towards the main gates, holding myself back from breaking into a sprint. Once I cross the threshold, the guards bid me goodbye and turn away.

As if a leash has been broken, I sprint forward towards through the vast gardens. Everything is exactly the way it was eight weeks ago.

No one to greet me, no celebratory preparations even though they had received word that I would be arriving today. Why is the familiar behavior making me grin?

Because it doesn't matter anymore, and I don't want to feel sentimental about leaving this place.

I reach the omega quarters, the little building makes a rush of homesickness go through me.

I take a deep breath outside the door, my hands trembling from the onslaught of emotions. I grab the handle, turn and enter.

The living room is dark, even the window curtains are drawn. Furrowing my brows, I reach for the light switch and flick it up.

"WELCOME HOME!"

I'm frozen in my , stunned by the decorated living room, all of the omegas grinning at me. Angelina is holding a huge cake in her arms.

"Elise, sweetie!"

The next moment I'm engulfed in a puff of motherly love as mom crushes me in her arms. I faintly register the tears flowing out of her eyes as she kisses my cheeks, my forehead.

"Mom, I'm okay." A watery laugh escapes me as I wipe her cheeks

"That's my girl," Morgan says, patting me hard on the back, her grin as friece as always