NEW: 47. Workaholic

*Climbs out of the underground library after days*
Me: *raspy voice* "Is that... the sun? It exists outside books?"

*Clears throat*

What's up peeps! So I'm back from the dead, sorry to keep u waiting.

But as I promised, I'm rewriting the end of this book! Yay! So I kinda took down the last few chapters and will upload them edited and sequenced with the new ones!

Enjoy!

47. Workaholic

I wake up cocooned in warm blankets, to the sound of birds chirping outside the windows.

Arching my back, I stretch my arms and legs, relaxing back with a sigh before my hand reaches out for the warm body that should be next to me.

Only to come up short.

My brows furrow and I push myself up from the gigantic bed, seeming larger since I’m he only one on it.

Scanning the room, I realize my mate isnt the only one missing.

The files we worked on last night are also gone.

“What is wrong with this man?” I groan and collapse back on the bed

Did he even have breakfast? Or did he start working again just as he woke up?

I’ve gotta find that workaholic man of mine.

My mind made up, I quickly get dressed in fresh clothes and leave the room, determined to go to his office and tell him–

I falter in my steps.

Because the most amazing smell reaches me.

Pancakes.

Where? How? When? I need to find out.

So I take a 180 degree turn and go towards the kitchen on this floor Luke told me about.

But when I reach there, what I see makes me gape open mouthed at the sight.

Luke turns his gaze to me for one moment before flipping a pancake “You’re up earlier then I thought.”

“Are you,” A surprised breath of laughter escapes me “You’re making breakfast?”

Luke turns the stove off and sets down the plate of pancakes on an already loaded table.

“What?” His lips tug into a smile at my expression, coming in my direction “You thought I couldn’t?”

“I didn’t expect it,” I admit, grinning as he takes my hand and leads me to the table “You were always breathing down my neck to make you breakfast back at the pack so I’m surprised.”

“That was part of your training, Hazel,” Luke pulls out a chair for me “I was supposed to discipline you.”

I snort as the memories come back to me, all so distant now.