Searching with a Broken Heart

Its been two weeks Ince Luca walked in and caught Alberto with Erica. Both boys felt broken but didn’t know what to do. Alberto was sure that Luca hated him but yet he felt empty without him. Luca spent his days at his tower hoping nobody would come looking for him yet wishing Alberto would come take him home.

Luca sat at the top of tower staring out over the bay watching the boats go past wishing he could go home but he didn’t want to because of Alberto and his girlfriend. Slut he whispered to himself why wasn’t I good enough for him? Tears falling from his eyes causing his skin to turn teal. Pulling his knees up to his chest and resting his head on his arms. He thought about when he first met Alberto and how scared he was he would tell his secret which he never did. Then finding out he was a sea monster to just made everything much better he smiled to himself. Memories came flooding back to him as he sat there all the fun times they had. Then the one of Alberto in bed with her it crushed him. Feeling his heart break again he slowly got up and walked down the steps and went to his makeshift bed. Luca was unaware that a periwinkle sea monster was searching everywhere for him with a broken heart.

Alberto searched everywhere for Luca swimming for miles in every direction. Screaming his name and asking every sea monster he met. He even stopped by a small village and asked about Luca. Nobody saw him and most didn’t know who he was even. With every person he ask that didn’t know him his heart broke even more. Alberto hung his head and started to cry he felt like giving up but he loved Luca too much. Slowing making his way back to Portorosso memories flooding back into his mind causing him to smile. Alberto remembered the first time he met Luca he was so worried I would tell his secret and the look when he told him that he was safe. Slowly climbing out of the water shaking off he didn’t even care if people saw him. Walking slowly towards his apartment he never noticed Giuila standing on her porch. Slowly opening his door he walked in and collapsed on his couch just crying not caring what happened to him at that point.

Giulia walked towards Albertos house her face red and her fists clenched. Pounding on his door she screamed open your door you bitch. Slowly Alberto  made his way to the door and unlocked it come in its open he said walking back towards the couch. Giulia practically kick the door in storming in then realizing the condition Alberto was in. Alberto? She started he looked up at her with tear filled eyes and said please don’t yell at me I can’t take it. Sitting down beside him she just looked at him. Crying he said I really fucked up I lost the one person I really loved. Giulia just looked at him her mouth open in shock. You love him she asked? With all my heart Giulia I just didn’t know it. Now he hates me I know he hates me I would hate me to. Alberto, Giulia said shaking her head he doesn't hate you he loves you why do you think he looked so hurt. Looking up at he with a straight face I need to find him Giulia. Yes you do she started saying. But where I’ve looked everywhere I can think of. Did you ever go to his Island? His Island? What do you mean? The old island at the mouth of the bay is where Luca use to go when he was hurt and sad. It will take you about a day to get there. 

Alberto looked up and said where’s the island I need to find him. As she explained where the island was he jumped to his feet and ran out the door. It was almost dark but he didn’t care he needed to find Luca his heart to much to wait. Running towards the beach pushing past people he ran into the water turning into his sea monster form he slide beneath the small waves and swam towards the island. Hours passed and he felt so tired but knew he had to push himself to get there. He needed Luca he needed him more than life it self. Making it to the island he slowly crawled to the beach too tired to go on. Thats when he noticed an old looking tower with light coming from inside and the roof. Slowly crawling towards it he cried out Luca are you here before collapsing everything went dark.

Luca shot up off the bed thinking he heard someone call his name. Could he be here? Luca ran to the top of the tower and started to look around. His eyes stopped on a periwinkle sea monster laying on the ground with his arm stretched out towards the tower. Luca jumped off the town using the tree branches to slow his fall. He landed surprisingly on his feet smiling he thought first time that ever happened. Running towards the figure on the ground he cried out Alberto is that you? Reaching him he heard him crying Luca please I'm so sorry please I love you. Reaching out Luca rubbed his thumb across his face. Luca I love you Alberto cried out again please come home. Luca slowly stood up can tried dragging Alberto towards the tower. Man he's heavy thought slightly giggling looking down at the much bigger boy. Looking up at the tower he slowly realized how am I going to get him up there. Thinking he ran towards the water maybe he was stronger as a sea monster ? When he got back he picked up Alberto nope still heavy he laughed. Struggling he made the climb putting Alberto on the bed. Luca sat down beside him listening to Alberto cry for Luca. Slowly Luca fell asleep leaning against the wall. 

That night both boys fell asleep afraid of what may come. Will there friendship make it or will they lose each other? Without knowing that night two broken hearts became one and life wouldn’t be the same.