The Talk

Alberto opened the door to his apartment and walked inside. He wasn't sure why he felt like this. Im straight right? He said as he looked into his mirror. Why did Luca make him feel like this? In the past I never really had relationships that worked out but I never thought that could be why. Sighing he turned off the light and walked to his couch and turned on the TV. Even watching TV he couldn’t focus all he could think about is Luca. HIs beautiful brown eyes and curly brown hair how his cheeks would flush when he talked to him or smiled. I close my eyes and think am I falling in love with Luca? I have to talk to him I thought I need to fix this.

Luca sat on his bed looking out the window crying. There was a knock on his door Luca can I come in? Giulia asked. All she heard was a soft yes. As she opened the door she noticed he was crying. Oh Luca she said walking towards him. Sitting down on the bed she pulled him towards her and held him. He hates me doesn't he? Luca whispered. Giuila looked at him and said no he doesn't hate you. You never gave him a reason to hate you Luca. But he didn’t say anything when I told him I was gay. He shifted so he could look at her. Luca did you ever think you left before he could say anything? There was a blank look across his face. Remember when he found out you were a sea monster and you worried he would tell people? Y-yes he stuttered. Well what happened when you gave him a chance? Luca smiled and said he showed me he was a sea monster. Thats right she said maybe you rushed out before giving him a chance. Luca sighed and said you're right I need to talk to him. Giuila agreed yes you do sooner than later. Thanks Giulia you always know how to make me happy. She hugged him and said your welcome Ragazzo. 

Alberto turned off the TV and was just sitting there. He didn’t know how to feel but the thought of Luca being sad made him feel like crying. He was so sweet he didn’t deserve any of this pain. Alberto pulled out his phone and opened up his Text messages. 

Luca

Look I know you don’t wanna talk to me now but I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you I was just shocked. I don’t hate you for being gay. I couldn’t hate you for that. As far as I'm concerned your still the Luca I met the day in the park when you got hurt. If you wanna talk im here you can call or come down. I hope you will talk to me again. If you want come down for breakfast im making eggs and bacon. I hope you will join me. 

Alberto

Sighing he put his phone down he didn’t expect to hear from Luca. Crying he thought I really messed that friendship up now I have nobody to talk to. Slowly he fell asleep on the couch.

Luca was laying in bed when he got Albertos text message. A shocked look crossed his face and he got up and ran towards Giulias room. Pounding on the door he heard a noise coming from the other side. The door opened showing a very scary looking Giuila. Ahh Luca screamed jumping back. HAHA Luca very funny now what do you need? He texted me look he showed her his phone. A smile crept across her face. What he looked up at her? I think you need to talk to him Luca. Im afraid he said what if he really does hate me? Im pretty sure he doesn't hate you. Now go to bed its late. Luca slowly made his way back to his room smiling. He sat down on his bed and looked out the window before falling asleep.

As the sun started to rise bring darkness to day Alberto was getting up to try to enjoy his day off. Stumbling towards the bathroom not wanting to turn on the light because he was still asleep. After using the bathroom he walked to the kitchen where he turned on his coffee pot. When he opened the refrigerator he hissed at the light that turned on grabbing his coffee creamer he quickly shut the door. Pouring a cut of coffee he took a sip and just stood there before walking towards his dressing room. After getting dress he made his way back towards the kitchen and cooked some eggs and bacon. The smell filled the house which he liked cooking always mad him feel better. Fixing himself a plate he made his way to the front porch to sit and eat. Hopefully Luca would come over and talk to him today. Just the thought of Luca made him smile which just confused him more but he didn’t care he just wanted to see his Luca.

Two houses down a very nervous Luca sat in bed. He was going to talk to Alberto today he knew he had too. Slowly he got up and changed his clothes into something more comfortable  Making his way down the stairs the house was empty meaning he didn’t hat to answer any questions. Making his way down the street he noticed Alberto coming out of his house with some plates and coffee. Luca stopped and wondered if he was waiting for someone? He watched as Alberto sat down and looked at the table. He looked sad Luca thought to himself  could be waiting for me? Luca started walking again smiling at the thought.

A-alberto, Luca said looking up at him from the side walk. Albertos head shot up and said Luca you came. Luca  climbed the steps and looked down. Come join me Alberto smiled I made extra for you hoping you would come. Smiling Luca sat down and made himself a plate of eggs and bacon. 

So Luca, Alberto started. Causing him to look up. Y-yes he shyly said looking at Alberto. Before I say anything I want you to know I don’t hate you ok Alberto smiled. Luca smiled and said thank you Berto his face flushing. Luca, you're an amazing guy and I'm glad we met I wouldn’t change that for anything. But you should know I'm straight. hearing this made Lucas heart hurt and he couldn’t understand why. Alberto noticed Lucas sudden change sighing Alberto put his coffee down and said Luca look at me. Luca looked up fighting back the tears in his eyes. Up until today I always thought I was straight but meeting you has me feeling something I’ve never felt before. I can’t promise you anything right now but I would kinda like to see what happens. Alberto looked up to see a shocked Luca staring back at him. A-are you sure Luca asked? Alberto sighed and looked down thinking I need to be honest with him. 

Closing his eyes he started. Luca look there is something about you that drives me nuts. I thought about you last night and it hurt me to think you were sad and thinking I hated you. I can’t explain it but you do something to me. Looking up he saw Luca crying and smiling. Don't cry Luca please don’t cry leaning over and wiping his tears with his hand causing It to turn periwinkle. Alberto these are happy tears not sad ones he said smiling nuzzling into his hand. Luca I want you to know this is all new to me but when I look into your eyes I feel happiness something I haven’t felt in a long time. It's going to take some time but I would like to see what happens if that’s ok with you? Luca just looked at him shocked. Luca? Alberto said are you ok? Luca shook his head and said yes im alright. He stopped and looked are Alberto and asked are you sure you wanna see what happens? Alberto smiled and said yes im sure who knows what could happen right? 

Smiling at each other both boys finished their breakfast. Not knowing what the future would hold. Would someone get hurt or would this open a new love they never experienced.