Chapter Three 1/2: The Reinhardts - [Pt. 2]

chapter three and a half[pt

[pt. 2]
the reinhardts
✧.*

(trigger warning! contains loneliness, neglecting, hatred, pain, heavy blood flow, mention of death,  fear, and trauma)

Darcy's POV

"Don't want your love anymore... don't want your kisses, that's for sure"

I was always the freak after that stupid little accident ; being kept in a facility filled with others like me for five years wasn't idle... but at least I had my sister with me for two of them.

"I die each time... I hear this sound"

After two years of my sister being in that crazy lab she was able to go home. She was deemed able to go back home without suspicions. This way seem odd that we were able to go home after a certain period of time ; there was an explanation for that as well.

"Here he comes... that's Cathy's clown"

Me and my sister were only there for containment. We were there to be fixed. The others were there to be used for their abilities. My mother had made a contract with Dr. Brenner, he made her do it.

"I've gotta stand tall... you know a man can't crawl"

Eleonora Reinhardt basically built Dr. Brenner's career. Without him meeting my mother and discovering her abilities and testing on her, he would have never made it anywhere.

"But when he knows you tell lies... and he hears 'em passin' by"

She invented him.

"He's not a man at all"

Even though my mother had put me through a lot, I still respected her and her struggles. I argued and disagreed with her all the time ; she probably thought I hated her. I presented myself as if I did.

"Don't want your love anymore... don't want your kisses, that's for sure"

But what burned me the most was that Rebecca continued to stay with my mother even after what happened. It was her fault. She did this all to me. My pain was caused by that girl. But she got to stay?

"I die each time... I hear this sound"

How was that fair? She may have suffered before me... but she was happy while I was in pain for five years? That was going to change. I was going to make everyone taste my blood. Everyone was going to either hate me or fear me ; that was the way I wanted it to be.