Chapter Three: The Case of the Missing Lifeguard - [Pt. 3 - FINAL PART]

chapter three[pt

chapter three
[pt. 3]
the case of the missing lifeguard
✧.*

(trigger warning! contains mention of death, fear, trauma, sadness, and y/n & Will arguing cause why not )

Third Person POV

Darcy walked out of Rebecca's dusty room as her mother, Eleonora, sat on her couch watching The Brady Bunch, "You should really clean that dirty ass room,"

Eleonora looked at Darcy in annoyance, "I thought you said you wanted me to 'don't bother me,' " But... she wasn't lying. It didn't make any sense. One moment Darcy is being a bitch, the next she's trying to break the ice.

"Listen." Darcy sighed, "I need your help,"

There it was. She needed- or wanted something ; this didn't happen often, since Eleonora was always alone, "Excuse me? Why on earth would I help someone who constantly dis-"

"This is serious, mom!" Darcy yelled suddenly. She looked like she instantly regretted her words as she swallowed the lump in her throat, "I want to know what happened to my sisters."

Now, those were some memories that Eleonora didn't want to dig up. It brought back too much trauma ; so much terror. Why was life like this? Why did it test us like this? The universe seemed to hate the thought of happiness.

"They're... they're dead! What else do you need to know?" Eleonora hissed unpleasantly ; she wanted to move on, she really did. But it was like there was always a constant reminder of the hard truth, "Move the fuck on."

Honestly, the truth hurt. The truth was always like that. You couldn't change the truth, or the past, "If you wanna know so badly, why don't you just go see it for yourself,"

"You know I haven't gotten to the next level yet," There it was. The big reveal. Darcy-Ann Reinhardt could time travel ; it was limited though. Darcy couldn't go farther than about a week, which wasn't very helpful, "My powers are absolutely useless and have so many strings attached."

Eleonora rolled her eyes in disbelief, "Well that's too bad, isn't it?" She added, "Maybe if you didn't have a stick up your ass all the time, you'd actually be able to get to the next level."

"And maybe if you'd actually answer me, I'd get out've your hair," Darcy responded with a little bit of sass. In a way, both of them were so similar. They both acted the same way. They both had the same sass. They both looked so similar, but why did they think they were so different from each other?