Chapter Six: Back To The Start

~Evie’s POV~
Once alerting Carlos and Jay, we bolted it down the stairs. “Jay. Keys. Remote.” Ben hollered, throwing the two things for Jay to catch mid-air.

The boys were about to pile into the car until I spoke up.” Wait! Something’s wrong.” Ignoring Jay and Carlo’s cold stares, I went on to adjust Ben’s hat down over his hair more.” There.”

“SHOTGUN!” We all turned to see Dude had followed us out of the dorm.

“No, Dude. Stay. The Isle is way too dangerous,” Carlos said. 

“Did he just..” Jay started.

Carlos nodded.” Talk? Yeah, I know. I’ll tell you later.”

I filed in behind Carlos and Ben, taking a seat between them, while Jay grabbed the wheel. “Okay; once we’re over the bridge, park under the pier in the old garage. Got it?”

“Got it,” Jay said. With his foot going hardcore on that gas pedal, we sped across the bridge back to the Isle. All I could hope was that Millie and Mal were both okay, for I wouldn’t be able to handle it if anything happened to my best friend and the love of my life. 

As Jay pulled the limo to a stop, we all leaped out. Jay first, then me, and lastly Ben and Carlos. “Ben!” Carlos exclaimed, running back to us with a tarp in hand.” Help me with the tarp.”

Ben nodded. With them on one side and Jay and I on the other, we covered the limo pretty well. As Jay finished covering the final side, I began to look around. We were definitely back, and I wasn’t sure why, but I was getting an odd sort of feeling about this whole ordeal. “It feels really weird being back here.”

“Ah, E. Don’t you fret. We’ll get in and get back out,” Jay said.

The three of us were so focused on hiding every spec, every inch of the limo, that we didn’t notice Ben starting to stray. Luckily this time, he hadn’t gone far, just towards a long tube, which led out to where Uma’s, along with many other ships, were kept. “What’s in there?”

The thought of going in there always made Carlos nervous. “You really don’t want to know. Hey, keep it chill. The last thing we need is our parents finding out we’re here.”

“Exactly. Just chill. Let me tell you something you can really trust. Everybody’s got a wicked side! I know you think that you can never be like us. Watch and learn so you can get it right. You need to drag your feet. You need to nod your head. You need to lean back. Slip through the cracks.

All: “You need to not care.” We sang together.

C: Uh, you need to not stare. You need a whole lot of help. 

E: You need to not be yourself. You wanna be cool? Let me show you how Need to break the rules. I can show you how. And once you catch this feeling. And once you catch this feeling. You’ll be chillin’, chillin’, oh Chillin’ like a villain (chillin’) Chillin’ like a villain (chillin’) Chillin’ like a villain (hey) Chillin’ like a, chillin’ like a (hey), villain

E: You draw attention when you act like that! Let us teach you how to disappear! You look like you would lose a fight to an alley cat! You gotta be wrong to get it right ’round here! You need to watch your back. You need to creep around. You need to slide real smooth! Don’t make a sound. And if you want it, take it! And if you can’t take it, break it. If you care about your health, Seriously, you need to not be yourself. 

E: You wanna be cool? Let me show you how! Need to break the rules? I can show you how! And once you catch this feeling! And once you catch this feeling, You’ll be chillin’, chillin’, oh Chillin’ like a villain (chillin’) Chillin’ like a villain (chillin’) Chillin’ like a.

B: I really wanna be bad a lot! And I’m giving it my best shot! But it’s hard being what I’m not. 

C: Well, if you don’t, you’re gonna get us caught.

E: He’s right. We gotta stay low-key. Now show us how bad you can be

B, E: Like this? (yeah, yeah, yeah) Like this? (yeah, yeah) h yeah, I think I got this. Let’s go, I’m ready to rock this, And I ain’t gonna. Thank you for your help; I think I found the worst in myself!

E: You wanna be cool? Let me show you how Need to break the rules I can show you how And once you catch this feeling And once you catch this feeling You’ll be chillin’, chillin’, oh Chillin’ like a villain (chillin’) Chillin’ like a villain (chillin’) Chillin’ like a villain (chillin’) Chillin’ like a villain (chillin’) Chillin’ like a villain!

~Ben’s POV~
Eventually, after the song and dance number, we found our way to the old VK lounge, which Mal and Millie had turned into an apartment for themselves. I threw a rock at the sign, in turn unlocking the front gate.

 I followed up the staircase until it ended in the doorway of the apartment. I heard sounds of spray paint from the front room, followed by another set of footsteps trickling my way. I ducked behind a pillar, just in time as Mal ran past me and down the stairs. 
Mal gone; I stood back up in the doorway. Walking into the main room now, I spotted Millie. With lavender locks in place of the blonde, she stood in the main room and added another spray painting to the collection on the last clean wall. Suddenly, spotting him, she dropped the can and flipped around. 

“Ben? Why me, ugh! What on earth are you doing here?”

“Getting you back. Now, Millie, I’m so sorry about our fight. It was all my fault. It..please come home.” I pulled the ring she had left behind from my pocket, reaching out to hand it to her, but she remotely pushed it back.

“Ben…I am home. This right here is my home.” Millie said in response. 

I was disappointed that hadn’t been enough to convince her to come back. But I wasn’t about to give up, at least not yet. “I brought the limo. It’s a sweet ride.”

Millie’s sad expression didn’t change; in fact, it stayed very much the same. “I don’t fit in, Ben. I really gave it my best shot..and if you think I can change, I think you’re wrong.”

“Then I’ll change! I’ll skip school, have some more fun. You know, I’ll blow off some of my responsibilities.” I started, but Millie intervened.

“NO! NO! Don’t you see? Look! Open your eyes, genius! I’m such a terrible influence. It’s only a matter of time before I do something so messed up that not only does the kingdom turn on me, but they turn on you.” Millie exclaimed.

“Don’t quit us, Millie. The people love you. I love you.” I said, gripping her hand and kissing it.

“I’m sorry. This is who I really am.” Millie said, and with tears in her eyes, placed the ring in my hand and turned away.

~Mals POV~
I walked around the Isle to give my sister some time with Ben when the Evil Queen popped out of nowhere.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t Mal, so I hear that you and my daughter are dating, is that true, my dear?” The evil queen asked.

“Yes, we are. Do you have a problem with it, ma’am?” I asked.

“Do I need to smack some sense into both of you? Evie was supposed to go and a prince, not fall in love with you.”

“Ah, and you don’t know that your daughter has loved me ever since we met. A mere 10 years, might I add. I don’t think she’d ever find a prince like you wanted. Furthermore, you always wanted Evie to have the perfect life, and the prince is not included in that perfect life.”

“No, you’re wrong. I don’t think she’d have chosen you if she didn’t go to Auradon with you.”

“And that’s where you’re wrong, Miss. Evil queen. Evie has always loved me, and you were too blind to see it. She was always way happier with me than she was with you. We’ve already made a good life in Auradon, and that doesn’t include you.” Then I felt a hand on my face. I had just gotten slapped by the queen. 

“OH, MOTHER, YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT. NO ONE HURTS MY GIRLFRIEND!” I heard Evie yell as fast as lightning Evie was next to me and hit her mom.

“Evelyn Grimhilde! What did I tell you about hitting me? You’re not supposed to hit me!” 

“Unlike you, mother, I actually love someone, and that love was not arranged like yours. Plus, I’m not scared of you anymore. You can try all you want, but you’ll never keep us apart. You will never, never take Mal away from me.”

“Ugh! You were supposed to find a prince. What happened to my Evie?”

“I changed because I didn’t want to end up like you, mother,” Evie said, hugging me tightly and standing between The Queen and me now. 

“Ugh! So ungrateful! Do you know what I had to do for you?”

“Yes, I know what you did for me. But those things were bad and not good. Now excuse us; we have some business we need to take care of.” Evie said. With that, Evie grabbed my hand, and we walked away from her mom.

“Did she hurt you, baby?” Evie asked.

“Eh, her slap was pathetic. It didn’t really hurt.” I said.

“Well, good, when we get back to Auradon, we won’t have to worry about that.” 

“Evie, I don’t think I can go back to Auradon. Millie and I don’t fit in. We can’t change. We’ll always be Maleficent’s daughters..” I said as we walked over to our VK hang-out spot.

“Stop, no! Baby, you’ve changed. Remember when we were going to break down the border, and your mom appeared. You, you, and Millie chose good instead of evil. We have good inside us. We can choose to use it or not.” Evie said as we walked up the stairs to our hang-out.

E: “I didn’t know what you were going through. I thought that you were fine. Why did you have to hide?” 

M: “I didn’t want to let you down. But the truth is out. It’s tearing me apart, not listening to my heart. I really had to go.”

E: “And I would never stop you.”

M: “Even though it changed” 

E: “Nothing has to change.”

E&M: “And you can find me in the space between. Where two worlds come to meet, I’ll never be out of reach. ’Cause you’re a part of me, so you can find me in the space between. You’ll never be alone no matter where you go. We can meet in the space between.”

M: “And nothing can stay the same; it’s growing pains.”

E: “Be proud of all the scars. They make you who you are (oh, Woah.) I know you have to stay.” As I walk over to Mal and put my arm around her resting my head on hers.

M: “But I’ll never really leave you.”

E: “Nothing has to change.”

 M: “Even though it changed.”

E&M: “And you can find me in the space between, where two worlds come to meet. I’ll never be out of reach. ’Cause you’re a part of me, so you can find me in the space between. You’ll never be alone, No matter where you go. We can meet in the space between.” Both of us run up the stairs into the hang-out over to where all the stained glass is.

M: “There are no words left to say.”

E: “I know you gotta find your place.”

M: “But this is not the end (no).”

E: “You’re part of who I am.”

E&M: “Even if we’re worlds apart. You’re still in my heart; it will always be you and me, yeah.” We sang as Evie put her forehead on mine. I softly kissed Evie.

E: “And you can find me in the space between.”

E&M: “Where two worlds come to meet.”

E: “I’ll never be out of reach (M: I’ll never be out of reach) no.” Evie sang as she walked towards me as I did the same thing.

 E&M: “’Cause you’re a part of me, so you can find me in the space between.”:

E: “You’ll never be alone.”

M: “No matter where you go.”

E&M: “We can meet in the space between, yeah.” 

M: “Yeah, no matter where you go.”

 E: “No matter where you go.”

E&M: “We can meet in the space between.” We sang as Evie wrapped her arm around me, and I smiled at her.

I walked over to my bed and sat down on it. Evie came over the top of me and pushed me down, so she was on top of me. Then she softly kissed my lips, and I returned the kiss. Then Evie took over, kissing me.

 Then I sat up, pushing Evie down, getting on top of her, and started kissing her. She was quite surprised because typically, Evie was the dominant one but not today. We continued to kiss, and I took off my jacket and helped Evie take off hers. While we continued to kiss and God, Evie’s lips were so soft. Then I heard the door opening, but I didn’t care, and we continued to kiss. 

“Hey, Ma-. WOAH, THERE, EXCUSE ME, YOU TWO HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO!” Ben yelled.

I bursted out into laughter and laid my head down on Evie’s chest. 

“What? You’ve never seen two girls kissing before?” Evie said. 

“No, I haven’t,” Ben said. 

“Well, now you have you, dork,” I said.

“Okay, but are you two dating?” Ben asked.

“Yes, Ben, we’re dating.” 

~Uma’s POV~
Another day of work at mother’s fish and chip shop was in full swing. “Hey! I wanted the fried clams!” One customer yelled.

“And I wanted a sea pony. Life ain’t fair!” I yelled back. 

Right then, I was met with an unlikely visitor. Right on time, as I may have used Ben to threaten Millie into showing up today. Millie stormed through the door, blowing a bubble with her gum and then muttering.
”I’m back!”

I watched as she marched into the shop, pulling up a seat from across from me. 

“Loser! Party of one. Right, this way, please.”

“Place still stinks,” Millie muttered.

“Oh, I’m sorry. We’re down a butler today, princess.” I threw back.

“Where is he?” Millie asked, rolling her eyes.

I smiled a devious sort of smile. “You know I dreamed of this. You wanting something from me, and me watching you squirm like a worm on a hook.”

“I’m so flattered that you dream of me.” Millie said, ”I haven’t given you a thought since I left.”

“Obviously.” I said,” You have your perfect little life, don’t you? Princess Millie has the perfect life, indeed! And we’re 20 years into a garbage strike.”

“Listen, if you have some score to settle with me, game on. I see no point in bringing Ben into this.” Millie muttered.

That remark left me to chuckle. “It may be a little unnecessary, but it is so much fun. Now, here’s the deal.”

“Just like your mother; always a catch,” Millie said.

I threw myself across from her at the table, throwing my arm onto the table in front of us. “If you win, Ben is free to go.” Before I had spoken another word, Millie began to grab my hand. “Don’t you want to know what I get if I win?”

“Still dreaming.” I heard Millie mutter.

“Hmm. Last I checked, your mother thought she had things all sewn up too. How’d that work out for her again? You know that whole princess act, I never bought it for a second. You can stick a tiara on a villain, but you’re still a villain.”

“And you can slap a pirate hat on, but you’re still shrimpy.” Millie threw back as the arm wrestling got more serious now. Bet; if I hadn’t said this next thing soon, Millie definitely would’ve won that arm-wrestling match.

“If I win, you bring me the wand. Now, if you want Beastie Boy back, bring me Fairy Godmother’s magic wand to my ship tomorrow at 12. Noon. Sharp, and not a moment later. Oh, yeah, don’t blab. And if you do blab, you can kiss your baby goodbye.”