Chatper Five: All Aboard Mateys

~Ben’s POV~
The next day, I got back to work on all the kingly things that I hadn’t managed to finish the night before. Following that fight with Millie, I couldn’t have thought to be able to stay focused. 

I sat down at my desk to take a phone call. “Deborah. Can you ask Luiemere to call me regarding Cotillion?”

“Ben?” I looked up, seeing Evie poke in from the doorway.

Something must be up, for Evie seemed more withdrawn than usual.”Evie! Yeah, come on in.”

She sighed heavily, leaning her hands onto the side of my desk.”Millie and Mal have gone back to the Isle. Ben..”

“This is my fault. This is my fault.”I groaned, standing up and slamming my hand on the desk in frustration. “I-I completely blew it. She’s been under so much pressure lately, and instead of understanding, I just went all Beast on her. I have to go there and apologize. I have to go over there and beg her and Mal to come back.”

“Ben, you’ll never find them alone. You need to know the Isle and how it works, and you have to take me with you.”Evie said.

I nodded. “Yes. But, are you sure?”

Evie looked down at the floor a moment, then back up at me, nodding. “Mhm. Millie’s my best friend, and Mal’s my dearest love. And we’ll bring the boys too because there’s safety in numbers, and none of us are too popular over there right now.”

“Thank you!” I exclaimed, giving her a high five.

Evie went on,” But let’s get some things straight. You have to make sure that I don’t get stuck there again. And there’s no way you are going anywhere looking like that.”

~Millie’s POV~
Upon settling back up at the VK hangout spot, Mal and I headed over to the salon. I needed a fresh look, and Mal followed along to see Dizzy Tremaine(the young girl who ran the salon alone). 

As we entered, the shop seemed pretty empty as it wasn’t open until Midnight. We watched for a moment, as Dizzy with headphones on, began to sweep about. Until finally, she spotted Mal and me. “Mal! Millie! Is Evie back?”

“As if,” Mal muttered. “Um, I totally forgot that you guys don’t open until Midnight. The place looks good.”

“So, what is your deal? Has your grandmother given you any customers yet?” I asked.

Dizzy lowered her headphones from her ears and placed the broom up against the salon chairs.”Just a witch here and there. Mostly, it’s a lot of scrubbing, scouring, and sweeping. Lots and lots of sweeping.”

“So, old Cinderella spell, eh?” Mal asked.

Dizzy nodded.”Yeah. She’s gone from Wicked Stepmother to Wicked Grandmother.”

“Eh. Not much of a switch.” I muttered. “Hey, you used to do Evie, right?”

“Oh yeah! I thought of little braids.” Dizzy exclaimed.

“Do you have any ideas for Mills?”Mal asked.

“Mm. The washed-out blonde with purple tips? The best of no worlds. You can’t see where your face ends, and your hair begins. And those nails. What is that, bored to death pink? How far can I go?”Dizzy asked, pulling me into a salon chair.

“The works. I mean, whatever makes me feel like me, but you know way worse.” I answered. 

“Hey! There she is!” Mal exclaimed, giving Dizzy a high five. “Viola!’

“Viola!” I exclaimed, looking at my new hair in the mirror. I gave her a mint for her service since I hadn’t brought any money with me. It was the least I could. 

“For me?”Dizzy asked as I slid it into her open hand.

“Well, yeah. You earned it.”I said, and in return, she pulled Mal and me into a group hug.

~Harry’s POV~
I had gotten bored this time of day, so I decided to snag some sweets from Dizzy at the Curl Up and Dye salon. “Fork it over, you runt. Mhm. Now the rest. Mhm. Thanks.”

“Still running around doing errands for Uma, or you actually get to keep what you steal?” Aye, I know that voice anywhere. I turned around from Dizzy, and behind there she was. Millie Maroon was back on the Isle and Mal as well. 

“Well, well, well. What a nice surprise.”I answered, and Mal began to roll her eyes. Then again, she had always been jealous of the chemistry between Millie and me.

“Hi, Harry,” Millie answered between the chewing of gum in her mouth.

I chuckled and went on,” Just wait until Uma hears your back. She’s never gonna give you and Mal back your territory.”

“Oh, no problem. Yeah, that’s perfectly ok. Cuz Millie and I will be taking it.”Mal threw in.

Ignoring that comment, I ran my hook through Millie’s short lavender locks. “I could hurt you. I could hurt you both.”

Mal pushed her way between us, which knocked my hook from Millie’s hair also. Millie removed the gum from her mouth, and she placed it on the end of my hook. “Not without her permission, I bet.”

“Just you wait, mates. Just you wait.”I muttered, knocking some things onto the floor on the way back outside.

Not long before I had made it outside, I heard Dizzy yell after me.”Great. Thanks, Genius! More sweeping.”I chuckled to myself, returning to the ship now. Oh boy, was Uma going to be happy to hear about this! And she was, in fact. Very very happy indeed.