Chapter 5

Sophie's POV

I would turn eigtheen in just two days,my mother was planning a small celebration for me but we were all taken by surpise when Alpha Richard announced that on that same evening another six alphas will be coming to our pack for a summit and in the evening the official ceremony for Brian will be held.You see he was Alpha already but for being able to attend the summit which happened every three years one had to be officiated as Alpha,and our pack was waiting for Brian to find his Luna as the ceremony traditionally took place after the alpha found his mate.As that had not happen, for Brian to be able to host the summit,it was imperative that this ceremony was done.

The entire pack seemed busy with the preparations,the alphas that were visiting our pack were from our alliance packs and it was our duty to give the most memorable welcome and make their stay comfortable.So all alphas would be arriving with their betas or gammas and from their rooms to the menus for all meals to the last day party everything was being planned ,every detail was being taken care of.Luna Stacy had graciouly agreed to take of everything as Brian definitely needed someone by his side to take care of all these details.All omegas were seen working tirelessly,Brian,Noah and Allen were mostly in Brian's office discussing various points and Our Dad's were seen beeing a part of the planning too,they had all the experience and the summit would be hosted under their guidance.

Soon the Big day had arrived and I woke up with a little headache.When I sat up on my bed I felt something stirred in my head and then I heard a beauitful voice."Hey Gorgeous,I am so happy to finally meet you,I am your other part,we are one and the same ,my name is Amber by the way" I felt so thrilled hearing this,it was my wolf,finally she was up and with me "Hey Amber,cant wait to let you out and feel your fur,I am sure you are as beauitufl as your voice" and then happily I got ready and headed downstairs for breakfast.Everyone wished me and cheered for me,My mom was all teary eyed and hugged me hard saying how she couldnt believe her little girl had grown up and will soon be leaving her now,I know I know mums and their melodrama,Ella just couldn't stop telling me her plans for my birthday which she had with our other friends and we would all celebrate together after the summit was over.Noah gave me a tight hug and kissed my forehead and asked me what I wanted from him as my gift and I was about to reply when it hit me ,the scent,it smelled like dark chocolate with a hint of orange,it was mouthwatering and as if in a trance I looked where it originated from.I was beyond shocked to realise that it was coming from Brian,wait a minute,Brian is my mate?howcome he never said anything and how,but before I could think more he came forward and wished me for my birthday and gave me a side hug and then moved towards the breakfast table.Totally indifferent like he felt nothing I just felt so confused.Could he not feel it ?was there a mistake? And I seemed to get lost in my thoughts when suddenly brian looked in my direction and said "Oh Sophie,after breakfast I need your help with something ,could you come to my office for just a moment ?" not knowing what to say I just gave him a nod and he continued to eat his breakfast and talk with others paying no heed to me at all.

I reached his door and took a deep breath before knocking when Brian's voice came from inside "Come in sophie",I froze,he knew I was here already offcourse.I opened the door and stood quietly looking at him .He was looking at me with an expression that I couldn't understand.He broke the silence and said "I know what you are thinking,yes I have known for two years that we are mates,and I have been avoiding you ever since as clearly this does not seem to be the right thing to do.Whatever I did or whatever I am going to do now is only for your good,I hope you can forgive me and understand that its for your sake only that I have to take this step".Silence,confused silence again,"Sophie I knew the day I turned eighteen that you are the one that Goddess made for me,but I just could not do this to Noah,and to you,I mean you are so pure and beauitful,you don't deserve a mate like me and so I have hidden this from everyone,I have waited for two years for you to realise this truth and I hope you will now accpet what I am about to do and move forward".

He did not even ask me what I felt,how I felt about him keeping this big a thing from me,he infact did not even give me time to register this whole thing when he walked from his table towards me and hugged me.It was such a possesive and aggressive hug that I thought he would choke me,after what seemed like forever he looked me in the eyes,closed them shut for a moment with a tensed look and opened them again with no emotion in them whatsoever.

He then took a deep breath and stated "I Brian Davis,Alpha of the Blood Moon pack,son of Alpha Richard Davis,Reject you Sophie Johnson,daughter of Tom Johnson as my mate "

I felt a dagger stab my heart right in that moment ,the pain was so much that I fell on the floor,tears streaming down my eyes uncontrollably,Amber howling in pain and I kept lying there for a few minutes.I tried standing up but my legs were too weak to help me,I felt I would pass out and never wake up.Physically the pain was killing and emotionally I was dying,my wolf was dying,it was over for us.I heard Brian say,a little concerned "Sophie,are you alright? Say something..Sophie should I call for help" the thought of people coming in and seeing me in this state was a kind of eye opener for me.With whatever little strength I had, I got up,still too weak to stand and dragged myself to rest my back on the wall.I closed my eyes shut and let the tears roll down for a while when I finally muttered back "I Sophie Johnson,daughter of former beta Tom Johnson of the Blood Moon Pack,accept your rejection Brian Davis,as my mate "

As these words shot out from my mouth,I saw Brian fall to the floor with one hand tightly clutching his chest and with the other he was holding his stomach,he felt it too,the pain of rejection,it was too sad and haunting a scene for me to watch any further ,so I pulled myslef up and with uncontrollable tears falling down my cheeks I headed for my room.

I closed my room door and just fell down on the floor and then I don't rememebr how long I remained like that,but something inside me did not let me break the way I thought I would.Again and again I was reminding myself of my pack and why they needed me,I was a ferocious warrior who had made it her goal to protect people and from now on that would be the only mission of my life.

For as long as I can remember I loved Brian,but he rejected me just like that,how could he break our bond just like that but just because one person broke my heart it did not mean that I would forget about my existence and spend the rest of my life in grief.Sure the Goddess had plans for us and going against her would lead to consequences but I am sure she will have more plans for me somewhere else.

I remembered so much today,how happy my parents were when I graduated, or when I first rode my bike how my Mom had squeaked with excitement,and the day I started training,my father had beamed so proudly in front of the other pack members.Noah took pride in me being a smart and strong she wolf,he loved me dearly ,he always promised me that the Goddess will bless me with a beautiful life. I could not let them down because one person thought he could change the course of destiny.It hurt,it hurt like hell but I wont let it kill me.

With this thought I came back out of my state and forced myself up,I looked out the window and saw how happy the entire pack was busy with preparations,how could I break all their expectations from me and Brian,they adored me and this was no way to repay them,and so I held myself and explained to Amber "I know you are in pain,I know only you can feel what we are going through but we are in this together,we have to rise again,we have to help people and we have to heal each other",I could hear her whimpering for a while but then she too fell silent and kept quiet for a long time.