Chapter 1 - Pride of the Pack

Sophie

I cannot describe my happiness in words as our exams are finally done and school is finally over for good.Ella and I had decided to deicate a whole week just to ourselves.We would only be eating and shopping,watching movies and maybe take a night out of sort.It would be our mini vacation coz honestly we do not know where we will be landing up finally.

We are werewolves and we find our mates once we turn eighteen and then offcourse you move in with your mate and all that comes with it. It would be the best if my mate is from our pack,I don't wana leave home but if he happens to be from some other pack then I will have to move,why do females make sacrifices in all sides of the world,human or supernatural , its like we have to keep giving up everywhere .

My brother Noah is the Beta of the pack and his best friend Brian is our Alpha.We are called the "Blood Moon Pack" and are the third strongest in the country.

Our pack is a happy place and we are known as a peace loving but fierce pack.We all grew up together,Brian and Ella being children of Alpha Richard and Luna Stacy, and Noah and me being the children of his beta, My Dad Tom and Mom Clara,grew up in the same pack house.We practically spent all our time together like ate our meals together and studied together (well sort of).We celebrated our graduations and birthday parties together and our parent's anniversaries together,we laughed together and got punished for playing pranks together,Luna Stacy used to scream in her thunderous voice and we used to giggle non stop hiding in our little corners.We even trained together every morning,so you see we were kind of close and bonded.

Brian and Noah were two years older to us and strangely had not found their mates yet.It was a kind of blow for our pack,our parent's hardwork had brought us in the top three but if our Alpha doesn't find his mate soon then it would really affect us all. Without his Luna,he wouldnt be able to control his emotions,as in wouldn't be able to balance them well and as a result wouldn't be able to function properly.He also would have added pack responsibilities,the Luna office has been empty longer than anyone expected and his table has double the paperwork.

I am kind of shy to admit this but I've crushed on Brian secretely since like forever.I have never told this to anyone though I have never understood why but I have always found him to bring me calm whenever he is around.He is really popular ,I mean he is the Alpha and so handsome,his dark black gelled hair were enough to engulf me in their night like beauty and his deep blue eyes,ohh,I find myself falling in them everytime I see him.

Its been a little difficult lately to be around him, I get all clumsy and my cheeks turn a dark shade of pink everytime we are togteher in a room.He must be thinking me to be a wierdo,but I am sure he is way too busy to notice me anymore.

Brian has been acting a little off with me since he became Alpha.I never thought we could have the barrier of ranks between us,I mean we literally grew up together but he has been a little nosy about it.It hurt a little earlier but now I am used to his ignorance, in a way thankful that he himself isnt interested to even look at me,it would break my heart a little less when he would find his Luna.Secretly,I dread that day but who knows maybe I will find my mate before that,I am turning 18 in a month so there is a fair chance you know but will I ever forget Brian?

If I was to believe my parents then there was nothing as sacred as the mate bond,and after finding your mate you couldn't even get attracted to anyone else even.They described the feeling as magical and well seeing them so madly in love even today I think they describe it truly.

Noah and I grew up learning to value the mate bond in the most sacred way but Brian on the other hand had his hands full,I mean there was not a single she wolf left in our pack that Brian had not dated.Except for the times when he was discussing pack matters,he would only be seen in the company of women.

His sister and my best friend Ella was my place of happiness,she always made me happy,infact she was the most fun girl I had ever known,always full of life ,extremely naughty and really confident,after all she too had the alpha blood in her.She was the expert on fashion trends and style in our pack,a true Diva.

I on the other hand loved being comfortable rather than just looking hot and wearing five inches of heels just to impress men.One more thing my parents stressed on always was the need to train religiously every morning.They always said that the pack's safety was of top priority and instead of being a weakness for their mates,women should be ferocious warriors.

I trained very hard,with the best and strongest of warriors every day,Noah personally took care of my training and I had the urge of learning more and more techniques.In times of need I wanted to be able to protect as many people as I could.I was even sent on smaller missions by the head of our security every now and then.Legally I could not be a part of any mission as I was still not of age but to get some hands on experience the best trainees were allowed to give some assistance every now and then.Sam was strong and a great trainer ,he often called me the "soon to be pride" of our pack .