Ch.19 What went wrong?

(3/2/22)

Iida just doesn't relax does he? Right now Hotaru is waiting for their classmates to board the bus, they're standing next to Izuku watching Itsuki talk to Mina and Denki from afar.

Iida is shouting out a bunch of instructions telling them to get in alphabetical order so they could board the bus in an orderly fashion. Less than half the class was listening to him —if at all— though.

Hotaru walked in the bus as calm as they could manage, they couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong, maybe the bus was going to crash?

Ignoring Iida's defected voice at the bus layout being different than he though, Hotaru plopped down into a seat with absolutely no grace at all considering she almost fell over. They decided to tune into Kaminari, Mina and Itsuki's conversation, those two somehow always managed to make her feel happier than before.

They had joked around with eachother a bit before they Mina insulted Aoyama, she doesn't know if it was on purpose or not.

They then got Katsuki riled up, that was definitely on purpose, and Kaminari just kept going at it. Poor Jiro who's sitting next to him, sucks that's Horu can't do anything. Oh wait they can!

"Hey Jiro!" They whisper shouted amongst the chaos and patted the seat next to them, inviting Jiro so sit.

Jiro accepted it and nodded gratefully before going back to her phone.

Katsuki, however, took it as an insult. He yelled at them until Kaminari distracted him with another smart quip.

Hotaru tuned out after that, deciding to just lay in their own thoughts. They put in earphones to drown out all the other talking and just stared out the window.

Their mind drifted to when they first met All Might with Izuku. Wow, they really lost their temper there, they probably shouldn't shout like that to people, it doesn't do much. It might make you heard, but adults will scoff and turn their nose up at you. Thinking you're immature or a bad kid.

Maybe they shouldn't think about that. They then thought about earlier when they got to the school.

~~
"Excuse me, what's all might like as a teacher?" A microphone was shoved in their face.

Horu didn't really want to speak but was stuck between "terrible" and "not bad" they didn't want to get yelled at by an adult so they decided to say neither, instead opting for, "Rethink that question, if you ask me you won't like what comes out of my mouth." She walked away without another word even though the lady kept trying to get her to elaborate.

'damn she's really desperate' Horu thought, then smiled amusedly after they realized that she asked Iida next. 'Ha, have fun with that, weird paparazzi lady.'
~~

Hotaru shuddered then smiled at that memory, sucks for them they had to deal with Iida. Horu's thoughts continued down a different route

They didn't really want to be a hero, but having a license and being able to do 'heroic things' would be good for them. They mostly wanted to work in support and maybe have hero-ing as a side thing.

But they also wanted to watch over Izu, he can be pretty self sacrificial so getting into the same class was a plus. Shota and Hizashi probably had something to do with it though, that's good.

They were abruptly cut off by their thoughts from the bus jolting to a stop. And Iida immediately got up to rush everyone out.

They stopped in front of a giant dome, it's walls were all glass.