Chapter 11

Sasuke nodded patiently, waiting for him to continue. "He... was my best friend. And my teammate."

Sasuke blinked with surprise. This story sounded familiar. Boruto continued, a soft smile on his face. "Sarada and I would fight all the time and he would just watch with that amused gaze of his."

The older hummed. "Where is he now?" Boruto shook his head, the smile falling off his face. "I don't know. I'm not sure he... I dont think he's here anymore." Sasuke sucked in his breath. Naruto has always been better at comforting people.

"You must miss him." Sasuke spoke, awkwardly walking next to his son. Boruto sighed. "I just don't want his memory to die with me." Sasuke's eyes widened, beforing turning back to the front, his eyes on two carefree specks of black in the distance.

"I know that feeling." Boruto turned to look at him. "You- you do?" Sasuke huffed out a breath of laughter. "Have I told you about my brother?"

Boruto's eyebrows flew up. "No, never. It's like a sacred subject in the village!" The older raven nodded. "I don't... really like talking about it. But his name was Itachi. And he sacrificed everything for me."

Boruto nodded, eyes wide and focused on his father. Sasuke snorted at Borutos rapt attention. "He's gone now. Died before the war. I went a little crazy after that."

Boruto shook his head with disbelief. There's no way the always calm and collected Sasuke lost his cool. Sasuke rolled his eyes. "I dont get why you and Sarada always react like that when I tell you this."

Boruto laughed. "It's just so unbelievable, you know? That you could ever lose your cool." Sasuke smiled fondly, eyes trained on his sons lively eyes. "You're smiling again."

Boruto blinked with surprise. "Ah, I guess I am." He beamed. "Thank you. I really needed to talk about it."

"Anytime Boruto."

The younger one grinned. "So, continue on with your story about your brother." Sasuke hummed. "Oh look, there's your father and Sarada. We better catch up with them."

Boruto blinked. "Hahh? You can't just tell me about him and then run off! I need to know the whole story!"

But Sasuke was already talking to Naruto and Sarada in the distance, Naruto laughing about something he didn't hear.

Boruto smiled softly at the domestic scene, before quietly dropping his gaze to the ground. I wonder... will I ever feel like I belong here with them?

He shook the thoughts out of his head, running to catch up with them. "Oi! Tou-san! You can't just leave me hanging like that!"

~*~

"Mitsuki!" Akio frowned. "You should let me heal you!" Mitsuki shook his head. "I'm sorry Akio." Akio shook her head furiously, the short red strands flinging from side to side. The little girl blinked back tears. "But you're hurting! I want to help!"

The boy sighed. "You're not helping if it's hurting you too." Akios bottom lip wobbled. "But I want to help you. I don't want you to hurt."

Mitsuki smiled sadly. "I'm sorry Akio." The girl turned around, fleeing out the door. The teenager was left behind on the lab table. He sucked in a deep breath, eyes closing in exasperation. "I'm sorry Akio," he repeated.

Orochimaru burst in the door, frowning when he saw the bandages covering Mitsuki. "Why haven't you healed up yet?" The boy avoided his parent's gaze. "I don't want to hurt Akio."

The older man scoffed. His eyes narrowed at his son. "MItsuki, don't be weak." The words cut into Mitsukis skin. He winced.

Orochimaru silently walked over, tilting Mitsukis chin up to meet his eyes. "Boy. Remember that in order to be strong, you have to hurt the weak. In order to survive, you must defeat them. We live in a world where the strong rule. Don't ever forget that."

Mitsuki gulped, nodding. "Yes, Orochimaru." The long haired brunette smiled sickenly sweet, letting go of Mitsuki's chin. "Good. Now do as I told you and shower. I'll call Akio to heal you afterwards."

Mitsuki called out, "Wait!" Orochimaru turned around. "Yes?"

"Why can't I go upstairs?" Orochimaru's eyes narrowed. "You haven't gone up have you?" Warning bells rang in Mitsukis head. Mouth suddenly dry, he responded, "No. Of course not."

Orochimaru eyed him for a second, before sighing. "It's for your own good. Don't ever go up there, understood?" Mitsuki whispered, "Yes."

Satisfied, Orochimaru left the room, shutting the door behind him. He walked for a couple of yards before stopping in front of a plain wooden door. He could just barely hear sniffling through the door.

With a sigh, he burst in. "Akio. What are you doing?" Akio blinked with surprise, desperately trying to wipe her tears from her face. "N-nothing!"

The long haired man sneered. "Crying is for the weak. You don't want to be weak now, do you, Akio?" THe girl shook her head furiously. "Good. Then get up and heal Mitsuki."

The redhead looked up, "B-but he wont let me! I tried-'' Orochimaru cut her off, "If he won't let you then do something about it instead of wallowing in your misery.

Akio bowed her head, nodding sheepishly. "Yes, Orochimaru-sama." He didn't stick around to see what Akio would do next. Instead, he left, making a beeline for the end of the hall.

It was a normal looking wall, plain white like all the rest. But...

Orochimaru quickly made a couple of hand signs, the wall responding to his jutsu with sparks of electricity. With a frown, the man quickly stepped through it, revealing a tiny room with a single metal door at the front.

"Finger." The automated voice churned out. Orochimaru silently complied, placing his finger in a hole in the wall. Shling! The cutting of bone reached his ears. Unfazed, Orochimaru pulled his finger out, revealing a small stumb where half his finger used to be.

"Identity confirmed. Consciousness confirmed." The door clicked open, and the man silently entered, glaring at the woman on the floor.

"So, Haruno-san. Are you ready to talk?"

Sakura glared at him through her filthy pink hair. She laughed dryly. "I don't know what you're talking about. Boruto died fifteen years ago. I checked at least a million times."

"Besides." Her eyes shone with bloodlust. "Even if I did know anything, I would never tell the likes of you."

Orochimaru shook his head, tsking at the woman. "Oh Haruno. If only you would cooperate." He silently pulled a lever on the wall next to him, Sakura wailing in agony.

The long haired brunette sighed in exasperation. "If you don't speak soon, those chains connected to your limbs will drain every drop of chakra from you."

Sakura responded by spitting blood out of her mouth, the inky red splattering on the stone floor. Orochimaru shook his head, disgusted. "Very well then." He pulled the lever up before pushing it down again, ignoring the woman's screams as he left the hidden room.

Heyy~ It's been a while hasn't it? Sorry for not writing many author's notes,though I expect you guys enjoyed the lack of interruptions XD. ANyways, lifes been busy, and I've been really stressed lately so i havent had the chance to stop and think of what to say. So what do you guys think of the new chapter? :P