one

i'm backkkkkkk🤩

AHHHHHHHH hello welcome besties! i've secretly been working on it for the past few months and i'm so glad i'm finally able to share it😭

i just wanted to say thank you to my mutual (@bau.simp on tiktok) for ✨inspiring✨ this newest book with an edit of theirs

buckle up! this one's a doozy🤠

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing, gun violence, mentions of murder
word count: 3390

JJ: "Truth is so rare, it is delightful to tell it." Emily Dickinson.

Jennifer Jareau was a woman who was always by the rules. As a child, being the youngest, she learned to hide in the shadows and make her emotions known only when it was good timing.

Now, as an adult, she thought she would have found it easier to analyze her coworkers emotions. But that wasn't the case. Since she was working with profilers that knew to hide their spoken and unspoken emotions, it always was difficult to tell.

"JJ!" Penelope yelled and waved a hand in front of her face. The blonde woman snapped out her daydream at Penelope's booming voice.

"Hi, yeah. Yeah, I totally agree," JJ said and shuffled through the magazine in her hand. The rest of the team all raised an eyebrow at the woman's daydreaming. JJ wasn't one to typically doze off during planning.

"So you agree that Krystall should come riding in on horse back with a sparkling red dress and Cher hair?" Luke asked and furrowed his eyebrows. JJ's mouth hung open, she had been caught.

"Fuck you guys. Fine, you caught me," JJ said and shrugged her shoulders. The rest of the team started to laugh as JJ tried to shake the daydream out of her head. "I'm sorry, I was just thinking back to see if I turned off my flat iron this morning."

"Well, I'm sure you did. Also, I for one, wouldn't do a red dress. I'd do a deep purple dress to bring out my lovely features," Penelope said and nodded her head over at the blonde woman. Tara and JJ both pursed their lips.

"For a wedding? Purple?" JJ said and shook her head. Tara nodded in agreement as she gestured towards JJ.

"I get for decoration, but the dress? It's the one day you can go Cinderella. I wouldn't want to look like one of those mean step sisters," Tara said and shook her head. Matt ran his hands down his face, trying to hide his smile as Luke squinted his eyes at Tara. The raven-haired woman could practically feel the sarcasm coming from Luke and threw him the finger.

"Okay we're here!" Emily shouted as her, Spencer, and Rossi walked into the room. Emily and Rossi both placed down their bags and cup holders filled up with coffee on the table.

"Oh, you are a life saver. I think JJ might need another one of those," Matt said and gestured towards the blonde woman.

"Why? Are you okay?" Emily asked and placed a hand on JJ's shoulder. The blonde woman nodded up at Emily.

"I just dozed off and they're giving me a hard time about it," JJ said and rolled her eyes. Emily raised an eyebrow at everyone at the table. All four agents, who were guilty, put their hands up in surrender.

"Well, if you need it, take mine," Emily said and smiled softly as she sat down next to JJ. All eight agents happily started to dig into their breakfast burritos that Rossi gladly paid for. The team had offered to do some last minute details for the wedding which was now two weeks away.