Voices

I love Voices by Crown The Empire. Check it out.

Pete's POV

I walked into Patrick's house and he smiled at me. "Mum, I'm home. Pete's here." He called. He led me to the kitchen where she was cooking. He hugged her. "Mum, this is Pete. Pete, this is my mum."

"Dinner has another hour or two. Go upstairs." He led me upstairs and shut the door. We sat on his bed and cuddled. His head was on my chest.

I played with his hair while he listened to my heart beat. "Your heartbeat is fast." He whispered.

"Only because you're around." He leaned up and kissed me lightly.

I kissed back and he rolled on top of me. We started making out. Then the door opened. Patrick jumped back and I sat up. I crawled to the corner and started hyperventilating. I was having a panic attack. I put my hand on my heart as my breathing increased. Patrick came over and grabbed my hands, putting one on his heart and just holding the other.

"Pete, breathe with me. It's okay." He whispered. I looked at him. He smiled and I tried to match his breathing. "It's okay, Hun. It's gonna be okay. I promise." He whispered. I nodded and my breathing went back to normal a minute later. "Good job. It's gonna be okay. I promise. Will you be okay for a minute?" He asked.

"Yeah. Thanks." He kissed my head and got up. He disappeared.

He's gonna hate you. His rep will be ruined. He'll get disowned. He will break up with you because he'll realise how disgusting you really are.

Patrick came back in. "It's okay, Pete. She doesn't care. They brought it up last night. It's fine."

I nodded and he pecked my lips. I pulled him onto my lap and hugged him. He smiled as he put his head in my neck. I kissed his cheek and held him closer. I rubbed his back as he squeezed me.

"Are you sure they don't care?" I whispered.

"Yeah. Last night we were talking. They said they wouldn't care. That they would still love me."

"I'm glad. At least we can keep the door cl-"

"Patrick! Keep this door open. Don't need him doing anything with you just yet." His mum said as she opened the door.

"Mum, we've already established that we aren't having sex." Patrick replied.

"Yeah. I don't wanna rush things or anything. His rule is no sex until marriage and I respect that." I added.

"Still. Leave the door open." His mum walked away. He got up and tiptoed to the door. He shut it and locked it.

"Such a bad boy." I said as he walked over to me. I pulled him onto my lap and kissed him. He kissed back, smiling at me.

'He doesn't like you. He's using you. He's gonna hurt you. He doesn't care about you. He's faking it. He doesn't want you. When was he ever nice to you? What changed everything all the sudden?'

I hadn't realised I wasn't kidding back until he called my name. "Pete? What's wrong?" He asked.

I moved him off of me and got up. I grabbed my bag and left. I started walking home quickly and I heard him behind me.

"Pete?! Where are you going?" He yelled.

"I can't do this. It's too much." He grabbed my shoulder and pulled me to him.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Why? Why are you suddenly so nice? Why are you into me all the sudden? You used to hate me. What happened to that? Are you playing me or something?" I ranted as it started raining. He looked straight into my eyes.