24. Unfamiliar Feelings.

=🌿=

"I appreciate the effort of everyone being here. Well mostly" I mutter, looking around the table, into each pair of eyes. Ambrosius Flume. Corvus Lestrange. Abraxas Malfoy. And the few others I didn't care enough to name.

"I've had a small... issue. With a member of the club. They've decided to lower their reputation enough to harass a fifth year. Their position within the Slug Club will be discussed during tomorrow's meeting" I explained, clasping my hands on the table in front of me.

A few of the students looked around, at each other, or looking for the said scum. My wrist tingled, the burn threatening to return to my flesh.

"On another note, I'm sure you've all heard of Y/n S/n? A new transfer student that I've had to sit with often recently due to some certain matters." There were a few nods, showing that the boys had noticed.

"Good. No one, and I mean no one, is to touch her. I will not tolerate a single. Finger being layed upon her body. Do you understand me." I growled lowly.

I noticed a few alarmed expressions at my newfound aggression. But then there was a chorus of "yes"s which I was ultimately content with.

"Good. I mean it. Dismissed" I waved the group away, and people began to stand, pushing their chairs in behind them, pulling on their robes and leaving. All except two.

"What did he do?" Avery sighed.

"Is Y/n alright?" Abraxas asked, worried.

"He-" I hesitated, would Y/n be okay with this information being shared? I doubt it. It would make her uncomfortable.

"It's personal" I muttered, standing up to wrap my robe around myself.

"Would you mind if I went to see her?" The blonde asked.

"Do as you please. But don't you dare touch her" I threatened.

"There's no cause for concern, Tommy. I wouldn't do anything to hurt her. Ever" Abe assured me. I nodded, distracted.

'That's what I said. That's what I promised' I shook my head, sighing as I agitatedly brushed my fingers through my hair as Abe left.

"Tom. Are you alright?" Asked Avery, upholding a worried frown. I shook my head again.

".. No." I sat down as I felt my chest tighten, it's getting hard to breathe, I can feel my chest closing up. Avery, being the last and only person left in the room, abruptly approached me, placing a hand on my shoulder and rubbing my back.

Usually I would coldly push away this act of concern, but this time I was too distracted to care. I suddenly became overwhelmed with all these emotions. Emotions I can't even describe.

Anger. Grief. Anxiety. Hope? What in Merlin...?

=🌿=

Y/n's POV

I was sat at the window seat above the head of my bed, wine bottle still half full in my hand, with a cigarette lazily held between two fingers in the other. My wrist burning furiously.

'What a day' I sighed, drowning in my own thoughts as I watch over the great lake, seeing as a huge tentacle reached out from the ominous depths, before submerging back underneath the dark waters.

I couldn't help but wish to be back in Tom's room, under his warm covers, under the dim green haze of the lake's waters, watching all the small glowing creatures.

I also couldn't forbear the urge to imagine what the view of the colossal squid would look like from down there. Truly magical I'd guess. Maybe slightly terrifying. But thrilling all the while.

There was a gentle knock at the door, which I ignored, assuming it was only Tom. The knock came again, though a little louder this time.

"Who is it" I stumbled over my drunken words.

"Y/n, it's Abe, could you open the door?" The familiar male voice called. I struggled to get up, making my way to the door, using the bookshelves as support, yet avoiding the lever for the study.

Once I made it to the small foyer where my shoes had been lazily kicked off, I struggled to open the door, but it wasn't long before I successfully turned the nob, letting the tall blonde in.

He sighed in relief, immediately pulling me into his arms against his large frame.

"Oh my god, y/n are you okay? Are you hurt? Has Tom punished him?" He asked. I pulled away, narrowing my eyes, as I crossed my arms.

"What did he tell you?" I ask firmly, now feeling somewhat embarrassed and completely vulnerable.

"No, don't worry, he didn't say anything. I kind of just put it together." He explained, taking my face in his hands.

"Are you okay? Where is the dick?" He stared desperately into my eyes.

"Dunno, don't care. Last time I saw him was in the forest. Under the cruciatus curse" I mumbled, still struggling to keep my words in order.

I brought the cigarette back to my lips, drawing in the smoke, as I rubbed my wrist.

"Tom's doing?" I nodded, looking away as I blew out the smoke.

I turned, heading to sit on the floor in front of the burning fire. Abe followed, sitting in the chair behind me.

It's not like he was doing anything, but just having someone there, someone who I wasn't pissed of at, felt comforting.

"So. Is this all you've been doing?" Abraxas wondered quietly as he played with my hair absent-mindedly. I nodded.

"Mhm." I lean back against his legs, resting my head on top of his lap, he pulls my hair up as well, poorly braiding it and undoing it to start over again. He did this repetitively.

"How are you feeling?" He asks. I look up it him, he's upside-down from my perspective.

"Sore. But I took some medicine" I closed my eyes. I picked up my wand desultorily, summoning the half empty pack of smokes, I reached up, offering Abe one.

He accepted, pulling one out as he picked up my wand from my other hand, using it to light the head of the cig before inadvertently bringing it to his mouth, and leaving it there, returning his hands to my hair.

"Please don't tell Tom I touched you" he muttered around the object between his lips.
I sent a curious glance up at him.

"I wasn't planning to."

=🌿=