5. Jaded.

=🌿=

"We have a majority of the classes together" Tom mentioned after a while of silence and flipping pages.

"Great. Now I'm going to be forced to do all of my work with you because you're literally the only person that I know besides Abraxas, and I only know his fucking name" I jabbered.

"Nothing's keeping me here, I can leave if you really want me to" He offered, probably already full knowing the answer.

"I never said it was a bad thing" I grumbled.

"You implied sarcasm" Tom hummed.

I ignored his comment and stood up, plucked my book from his grasp and approached the library desk. The librarian wasn't familiar, so I smiled, casually thanking her as I tucked the books into my satchel.

I continued browsing the lengths of the massive library. Pulling a book out every now and then to quickly flick through the pages or read the blurb before slotting it back into it's previous home.

"I can see you're definitely one for books, hmm y/n?" The ebony haired male chuckled.

"I am, if I do say so myself" I mumbled apathetically. I glanced towards him, he was simply following me as I browsed, examining me as he folded and unfolded my schedule in his hands.

After a while, I-unsurprisingly-found myself in somewhat of a romance section, as the blurbs started grow gradually on the attention of the romantic genre.

I looked up and saw a book that was just sticking over the edge of the shelf, not only sparking my OCD, but also my curiosity.

I reached up to grab it, but couldn't fucking reach.

"For fuck's sake, where is my bloody, damn wand?" I scavenge through my bag, trying to find the magical twig.

I see Riddle draw closer to me in my peripheral vision and reach behind me, I feel my hair gently tug, then fall as the boy presents me my wand, also reaching up and easily pulling down the book that had perked my interest.

"How cliche" I scoffed, only to receive a chuckle.

"Am I your 'cute guy' yet?" He quoted, with a mischievous smirk.

"Not quite yet" I mumbled, turning the book he'd handed me to read the blurb.

=🌿=

Ivanhoe is the story of one of
the remaining Anglo-Saxon noble
families at a time when the nobility
in England was overwhelmingly
Norman. It follows the Saxon
protagonist, Sir Wilfred of Ivanhoe,
who is out of favour with his father
for his allegiance to the Norman king
Richard the Lionheart.

=🌿=

I scoffed. Are they sure this isn't just a story of an old English war? It really doesn't imply a romantic storyline.

"So, you're a hopeless romantic?" The boy teased.

"Maybe. Not with you" I object.

"Wow, I'm so hurt" he sobbed, his tone laced with sarcasm. I sighed, hopelessly.

"Look, I want you to know that someone cares, not me, but someone" I shot him a visibly sardonic grimace.

He rolled his eyes.

"You know, s/n, you're quite.. intriguing" Riddle articulated. I turned towards him, returning his practically empty gaze.