Chapter 29- Friendship and Loveship

Dedicated to Lylan_is_hot for the cover to the side

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR"S NOTE...IT IS IMPORTANT

Chapter 29

Friendship and Loveship

I awaken early the next morning and tip-toe down towards the guest bedroom with the intention of waking up Jake before my parents discover him.

When I finally reach the door and knock I receive no response. I walk into the room rather nervously and afraid of seeing something I'd rather not. However I find the site of an expertly made bed and a small note that reads:

Riley

Thanks for the hospitality. Sorry for being a drunken asswipe/ f*ck face. Heading back to Uni today. You were right...need to move with my life and let Sandra make up her mind. I can't put my life on hold any longer for a girl that doesn't want me- no matter how much I love her.

Love you (even if you hate me)

Jake

I read the note with mixed feelings. I am happy that Jake is finally moving on with his life and attempting to live again but, I am also extreamely sad that Jandra- yes I gave them a ship name- will never happen because of Sannie's stubbornness.

With a heavy heart I walk back to my room to get ready for school. I felt like the world's worst friend. First I ignore her completely until she fails to tell me that she has a date then I send her perfect guy (even if she doesn't know it yet) off to University to move on with his life. I know that it was the right decision on Jake's part however I feel like I have betrayed Sandra.

Bottom line: WE NEED A DMC URGENTLY!!!!

I tame my hair and go downstairs to grab a bowl of cereal. It's still really early and I am the only on awake at the house. I could either chill here for the two hours before school starts or I could go to school early and do some studying in the library.

I opt for the later option as if I stay in the house I will end up falling asleep and then waking up the victim of a petty revenge prank from Will.

I get my school bag and run to the hall to fetch my car keys.

I search with scrutiny over the multiple keys hanging on the hooks but for some reason I can not find my keys. I search my school bag and then I even run upstairs to check the pockets from last night's jeans.

I know I must have them somewhere or I wouldn't have been able to drive home last night.

I then get the bright spark idea of going and looking to see if I didn't accidentally lock the keys in my car- it wouldn't be the first time I have done such a thing.

I walk out the house and then look. I take a few seconds to endure that my eyes have not failed me. There is a blank spot where my car is supposed to have been parked. My car is missing.

What happened last night? How did I get home?

I open my cell phone to call Pete down here to look when I notice an unopened text message from Ryan from last night...what was he doing texting me last night?

Hey Babe...What time must I fetch you?

Why is Ryan fetching me? What I going on here? Why is he calling me babe?