Epilogue

Epilogue

I walk through the great doors of Fenton High's hall flanked by Nattie, Will and Pete. A shiny, plastic blue banner pops out at me and the yellow writing reads "10 year reunion."

As if I needed reminding that I was here to celebrate how old I am getting. 28 years is a long time to be living.

My nieces and nephews don't even know who Justin Beiber is...lucky them.

Nattie and Pete gave me a ride here in their sleek porshe. After high school Nataka had gotten into Harvard and Pete had served as her tour guide and then, after she knew her way around campus, he served as her boyfriend and finally her husband. The two of them were constantly arguing with both of them having the need to be in the spotlight. They had tied the knot six years ago now and were adamant on never having children hence the sportscar. Pete has a successful sports shop and Nat was a successful scientist who was currently doing research on the HIV/AIDS virus.

My phone vibrates in my lap and I look down. It's a message from Cassie. Unlike Pete she and Dylan had taken after my parents when it came to reproducing. I had three nieces and a nephew from them alone with a newborn expected in a few months. They were still living in South Africa as they had fallen in love with that country. I go down to visit them at least once a year and they always spend Christmas with us.

"Hey you awake Rile?" Will says snapping his fingers in front of my face.

I had agreed to bring him as my plus-one as he knew quite a few people in my class and wanted to catch-up. Will had gone on to play professional football but, his biggest surprise by far was when he announced that he was gay. We all supported him and his brave decision to come out despite his position in society. I loved my brothers.

"yeah, just remembering the first time I walked into this hall. I had gotten lost on the way here and I ran into Dan- who then gave me the wrong directions. I arrived to that assembly ten minutes late and flustered."

Speaking of Dan I needed to get him a birthday present. Dan was still a bachelor and was actually working in Russia.

Emma was still in university getting her medical degree and she had matured to be a beautiful young lady. I was so proud of her.

I look out over the crowd of people here. As I sieve through the bodies I spot Wren, Logan and Philip and I can't help but grin at the fact that Logan is balding and Philip has a beer belly. Can someone say Karma? They looked at least 35. Time did not like them either.

Will has gone off on his own way whilst Nat and Pete are standing behind me. Then I spot a familiar head of dark brown hair. I tap Nat and nod over to the head. She grabs Pete's shoulder and we begin walking towards the head.

"What's up doc?" I whisper into the guy's ear.

His green eyes look up and he smiles. Seth got his medical degree at Oxford. Hence the doc joke.

"Still making cheesy, dry jokes Riley?" He enquired jovially.

"Till death..."

Seth and Selena dated till senior year where they split up. Selena claims that it was because they both had gotten bored with each other over the years. Seth says it's because they grew up to become different people. Either way Seth was now engaged to a beautiful polish girl. I visit then whenever I have a job in Poland. They were really a beautiful couple.

Next thing my eyes are covered and someone says, "Guess who?"

"Selena have you not matured a day?" I exclaim.

Selena laughs and comes round next to me. Luckily she and Seth still got along and weren't those awkward exes. Selena had taken over her dad's factory and was doing quite well for herself. She had a few flings after high school but never really got into anything serious. I had actually attempted to get her and Dan together but that hadn't ended up happening because he moved to Russia.