42 - dating a non-celeb?

Author's POV

AVNI RAICHAND.

The name was in the headlines on most news channels, entertainment tabloids, trending key searches on social media, the very next day.

It started as a brewing rumour last night when social media was surrounded by a few pictures of some people with the actress - who looked ravishing as she smiled for the camera.

A few weeks ago it was hinted that the actress was seen around the marine drive, however with no proof captured, people considered it as mere speculation resulting in the news dying down early.

However, events of last night surged the internet, predicting her sudden appearance while on a break, and concluding it as a dinner date.

Fans gushed seeing her after a month, happy and healthy with a smile on her face. They were less bothered with the questions that ascended upon her visit to the restaurant.

Eyes trailed over the captions of the posts leading to gossip and a few rumors surrounding the actress's love life.

Some blurred pictures surfaced, focused on the man that had her hands locked with the actress, his back ripped, jawline chiselled, and what seemed like a crooked smile on the pictures.

So today, when Lovely woke up, he saw endless notifications lined up on his screen, and unfortunately, calls unanswered.

He picked up his phone and proceeded to scroll, stumbling upon a few articles, all of them leaving him with a sickening feeling.

Shutting off the buzzing thoughts and preparing himself for what was to come, he reached Avni's doorstep just after an hour, finding her casually sipping on her morning coffee.

His sudden appearance made Avni curious, the creases between his forehead screamed that something surely went down, and it was worse.

Images were warped in her mind. What was the worst thing that could happen? A producer cancelling her off? Sponsors retracting her from a contract? Honestly, that wasn't something shocking because, since the accident, the retracted contracts had been a usual thing. However, the tense atmosphere gave the certain feeling that it wasn't just that.

She was swaying away from a certain thought that kept floating in front of her eyes. There was a possibility, yes, but it didn't mean she was ready to hear it.

Though one of her worst fears came to life right there.

Her date with Neil was the centerfold of leading bollywood articles. It did shock her, however, it became more gut-wrenching when she saw that Neil was partially recognisable. Anyone who knew him somewhat could make him out from the pictures.

Their date that was special, though holding not so pleasant memories 'cause of her fears, was out in the open, and man - did it feel awful.

Nothing concerned her more than Neil. Did he read it? Did he finally see what she was worried about?

Damn, she didn't even know how to call him without feeling like an insensitive person because, because her words from last night seemed nothing like ending on a good note, and everything of the possibility that she had rejected him.