nine

" I wonder what it’s like to be loved by you "

"Aigoo, young love these days" My aunt says shaking her head

"Aigoo, young love these days" My aunt says shaking her head. She pours the soup into the bowls and hands one to me. I had just finished telling her my long ass internal fight about my feelings for Taehyung.

"Yep, now you know why your niece suddenly popped on your doorstep after years of not visiting" I say. I whiff the delicious scent of cooked pork and broth from the soup and don't think twice about digging in, earing like I had been starved for the past month.

It's been 2 weeks since I left the city, and I have turned my phone off since then. I promised myself to stay away from social media while I was here, both to catch up with my aunt and to heal myself.

There's no denying that I missed everyone back home, but I didn't want to rush whatever was happening now. For the longest time, I wake up not having to stress about anything. I didn't have a lonely home, and I thought it was very relieveing to not see Taehyung for  while. It can get a little exhausting overthinking things when I see him.

My Kim Taehyung. I miss you, and I'll be home soon. Just let me sit back for a while and rest.

"Namjoon's on TV again" Auntie says, pointing to the TV. This was probably his 3rd performance this week.

"Hello, we'll have two bowls please" A pair of customers sit a couple stools away from me at the booth of Auntie's Noodle Shop.

"Spicy?" My aunt asks.

"Yes" They reply. My aunt hurries into the kitchen and starts making the noodles. I glance at the coupel who had their hands intertwined with each others'. They whisper sweet words which makes them giggle and chuckle. I see the woman giving her boyfriend a peck on the cheek before wraps his arm around her shoulder.

I sigh, not wanting to force those kinds of thoughts again into my mind. I get back to slurping my noodles. Minutes later, auntie comes back and talks to me again.