one

" I like the way you make me feel even when you're nowhere near"

"Ugh, Mrs. Shannen was sooooo boring"

My best friend, Ivy, groans

as if she had just come from the pits of hell. I giggle and put my hair up into a ponytail. Ivy always hated long lectures, especially when they're coming from a 40 year old professor who loved telling long stories.

We had just finished our Literature class and it was almost 2:30 in the afternoon. The halls were filled with a decent amount of students, most of which are preparing to go home. Some of them greeted their friends, and some their partners.

"So, what book are we going to choose?" Ivy asks, looking at her nails to see if there were any chips on her nail polish. I hope not because when there is, she usually throws a fit. I sneak a peek behind her if he was around the halls too.

"I'm good with any kind. Doesn't really matter" I shrug in defeat, noticing that he wasn't around.

"Fine. Let's pick a dramatic love story" She smiles and wiggles her eyebrows. I mumble an 'oh no' before turning to my locker and undid the lock. I shake my head and giggle.

"Anything in mind?" I ask, grabbing my white coat from inside my locker. I made sure to bring some notebooks home so I can study this weekend. I also emptied some wrappers I threw in yesterday because I couldn't find a garbage bin.

"How about that story about a girl..." She starts, one finger on her chin.

"Yeah?" I ask, eager to know which story she was talking about.

"Who is in love with her best friend of 4 years but he doesn't feel the same way about her. So she's been there by his side through all the relationships he had even if it hurts her and--"

"Ivy" I groan, knowing perfectly well that she was narrating mine.

Ivy has always been playful and naughty like Jimin. Whenever I was third-wheeling with them, they'd whisper inappropriate things to each other, and on rare occasions even touch each other. And they have the fucking audacity to do it in front of me who's completely single and lonely.