Chapter 19- My Sacrifice: Anne Boonchuy

My own traitorous heart is too strong to live with. I was the one who chose to run out in front of Marcy and get stabbed instead of her. I didn't even think about what I was doing. I just followed my heart. I couldn't let Marcy die. Not again. I thought she was dead back when I was in Los Angeles, but she was still alive. I mourned for her. I wonder if anyone will mourn for me. I hope they won't spend a lot of time being sad. I hope they can learn to be happy without me. I will miss everyone. I've met so many people on this great journey of life. Marcy, Sasha, Sprig, Polly, Hop Pop, Domino, everyone. As I think these thoughts, someone calls my name.

"ANNE!" I see Marcy bend down beside me as I lay on the ground, my wound bleeding all over my clothes. "Don't leave me! I can't live without you!" Sasha and all of Wartwood rushes over, especially the Plantars. "We can get you in the revival tank. It will be okay. We can fix this." Marcy sobs as she comes to the realization that I won't make it. As I look around, I see the faces of the people (and frogs) that I've learned to love. The Plantars, Sasha, Marcy, Wally, Mrs. Croaker, the Sundews, the Flours, Toadie, Mayor Toadstool, and many more faces that start blurring together.

"I don't have much time," I croaked, looking once more at all the faces. I stopped on Sasha and Marcy's faces. "Please tell my mom and dad that I love them when you get back to Los Angeles. You guys have been the best friends that I've ever had. Thank you for all the fun we've had." I looked at Sprig. "Thanks for all the adventures. Spranne against the world." I looked at Polly and Hop Pop. "Polly, you are the toughest little frog I've ever met. I'm sad I have to leave, but stay strong. Hop Pop, to be honest, I didn't like you that much when I first got to Amphibia, but I've realized just how much you care for people. That's what I love about you, so thank you for that." I felt pain inside and I writhed in agony. It was almost time for me to go. "Thank you so much everyone for all the support that you've given me. I've enjoyed meeting you." I addressed the rest of Wartwood. Domino bounded over to me and licked my face. "Goodbye, Domino. I love you so much. Marcy, please take care of her for me."

Then, with the last of my strength, I used my powers to activate and direct the Calamity Box. A portal opened up and took King Andrias to some unknown dimension. He screamed in anger as it took him. "I never loved you, Marcy! I hate you all!" His voice faded as the portal closed. I gave my power to the jewel in the Calamity Box in a stream of blue energy. Finally, my power was completely gone.

"I love you all." I took my last breath, and everything turned white.