14

Tw-fighting, betrayal, mentions of death, mentioned symptoms of depression

~~~

"Bye guys! See you in a bit!" Tubbo called as he shut the door behind himself and Michael. He smiled at the little boy solemnly, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Come on, let's go visit your dad."

Michael nodded, looking at the ground. The duo walked down the stairs before beginning to walk towards the mountains behind the house. Their boots crunched in the snow and Tubbo couldn't keep the image of bones and ender-pearls being crushed beneath his feet out of his mind.

Michael stayed right near him, little fist clutching onto his jacket as he seemed to try and make like a turtle and hide his head under his scarf.

Tubbo made his way past their beacon that warned hunters away from this area for the infamous Blood God and Death's Messenger would not show mercy.

He huffed out a breath, a little cloud of steam appearing before him. He looked down at his son to see the boy staring at the ground with a frown. "Hey, kiddo." Michael looked up. "Why don't we play a game? Let's see who can make the biggest cloud. Breath out like this," he demonstrated.

Michael's brows furrowed and he hesitated before blowing hesitantly into the cold air, a little wisp of steam snaking out from his mouth. Tubbo grinned and sucked in a big breath before blowing out quick and violently. He laughed victoriously. "C'mon Mikey, you can do better! Breath out super strong like the dragon!"

The boy pouted. "I was just warming up, duh!" He puffed out his chest. Tubbo laughed. "Oh yeah, prove it!" He teased. The kid glared without heat and took in a deep breath, shutting his eyes tightly before letting his breath out in one big burst.

"Woah!!" Tubbo gasped. He stopped walking as they reached the side of the mountain. "That's so cool, you did it!!" He clapped. "You beat me kiddo!"

The boy giggled and jumped. "I win, I win!! I'm gonna tell Uncle Techno and Uncle Tommy and Gran'pa Phil and Gran'ma Kris'en when she comes to visit!"

Tubbo smiled. "I'm sure she'd be super excited to hear all about your victory, just as much as everyone else will be too." Michael beamed, grinning widely. Tubbo ruffled the little bit of hair he had before crouching down and moving the snow to uncover a little stone button. He pressed it and they could hear gears shifting inside the mountain. The multiple layers of stone began moving in or out and to the sides to create a doorway for them to enter through.

They walked in and the stone began to slide back into place. Inside, there was a large cavern. The walls were lined with torches and lanterns hung from the ceiling. The ground was covered in dirt with grass beginning to grow with their bonemeal's help. Flowers had been planted everywhere and alliums were obviously the majority. There were three trees growing from various places while vines climbed up the stone walls and held themselves between the tree leaves.

The duo walked towards the center, sitting down on a cushioned bench as they stared at a small boulder with writing engraved into it.

Ranboo Undr-Belovd
Beloved husband, and father
Will never be forgotten

Michael was the first to speak. "Papa, I won a game against Dad?" His voice was small and careful as if tensing for an attack.

Tubbo placed a reassuring hand on his back. "Uncle Techno is showing me really cool things so I can protect me and Dad too, and Uncle Tommy! I wanna be just like him when I grow up."

Tubbo laughed quietly. "Okay let's maybe not do that, you'll give your poor father a heart attack." Michael grinned. "It's okay Dad, I'll be strong and nothing can hurt me, just like Uncle Techno."