10

Tw-panic, threats, corrupt justice system, interrogation

~~~

Tommy was in the labyrinth. He was pretty sure two days or so had passed but then again he couldn't exactly tell from underground all that well. He was just going by how many times he slept.

It had been taking a while to get through the maze. Henry wasn't used to walking this much and Tommy couldn't stomach pushing him whenever the cow would start slowing and nudging him. He didn't want to potentially hurt him; he'd never forgive himself for that.

Clementine, his parrot, had been perched on either one of the dogs or Tommy himself for most of the time unless the teen sent her off to scout up ahead.

Shroud and the dogs were doing pretty well. Henry nudged him and gave a soft moo. Tommy bit his lip. He knew they were close and he didn't really want to stop, but honestly what was the harm? He was growing tired too, maybe a small nap would benefit them all?

He led the group off the correct route into a slightly hidden tunnel with a dead end. Thinking back on it, maybe choosing a tunnel with a dead end wasn't the best idea he'd ever had.

He pulled out two blankets. Henry fell to the ground-gracefully of course-and Tommy covered him with one blanket before finding him something to eat in his bag. He found the last bit of wheat they had. "Your on a diet until we reach Phil." He could have sworn Henry understood him, he huffed and turned away from Tommy after taking the food offered to him.

The teen flipped him off and feed the dogs and Clementine before laying down. He didn't need to worry about Shroud, he went off to hunt himself whenever he was hungry.

The dogs all found places to curl up next to him and Clementine slotted herself under his chin. He carefully pulled the blanket over them all. "Night everyone. Don't do anything stupid Shroud, and Clementine don't wake me up this time and I won't squash you."

There were sounds of agreement-he hoped-from the two creatures and he gave the dogs all a quick pat on the head, then a scratch behind the ears and chin before getting comfortable and drifting off.

~~~

Wilbur was sat in the interrogation room again. They hadn't found the ring on him, and so far none of the hybrid detectors had sensed him. He made a mental note to talk to Tubbo first thing he got out.

"I'll ask you one more time. What do you know about Ranboo and Tubbo Undr-Belovd. Where would they be hiding themselves and their hostages."

Wilbur furrowed his brows and shook his head. "I already told you all I know. I deliver supplies to them every now and then when told to, I've never gone just because. Ranboo and Tubbo seemed like kind and intelligent people. I never would have guessed they were hybrids! I feel just as betrayed as everyone else, they were such good kids."

The officer turned to the witch-creeper hybrid. They were a master lie detector. He was a master liar. It was only a question as to who was the better at their craft. Wilbur and the traitorous hybrid stared at each other for an uncomfortable amount of time before the latter finally turned to the officer and shook their head.

"Damnit Soot!" He screamed, banging his fist on the metal table. Wilbur didn't flinch. The officer grabbed him by the collar and pulled him out of the chair he was sat in. His cuffs dug painfully into his wrists as he stood on his toes, actually just the slightest bit nervous now. If the officer found him guilty, even without proof, he could sentence him to whatever he wanted to. He hated this town's "justice" system.

Or he could do worse. "I know you're involved!" The hybrid went to speak and the officer snapped his neck to look at them. "You shut up. If I tell your hunter of you inability to detect a lie your alliance with the hunters will be terminated." The hybrid clamped their jaw shut and hung their head, hair hiding half of their face. The officer returned his attention to Wilbur. "If you don't cooperate with us we'll have no choice but to interrogate everyone you've been in contact with, won't we, Professor Soot?"

Wilbur felt a chill run up his spine. He snarled at the man. "You bastard don't touch my fucking kids!"

The man let him go. "Then tell me what I want to know."

Wilbur glared, staring down the man that could end his life with five words. The man stared back with a fox's smile to rival Wilbur's own.

The man in yellow sat back down, palms painted a hidden red from his nails digging into his fists.

"Fine."

~~~

Tubbo bustled around, checking on all the enchanted items along with the mechanical defenses he'd installed everywhere he could. He changed a few things per Techno's request. Phil was keeping Michael busy by having him help him on various redstone projects. The boy had taken quite an interest to the craft and Tubbo was ecstatic. He could teach him all he knew whenever things calmed down! If they ever did.

A quick alarm rang throughout the house and Techno was quick to draw his sword. Tubbo followed with his bow before descending the stairs. All of them were fully dressed in their armour. He knew Michael hated it but they couldn't risk anything right now.

Tubbo could hear a pounding on the other side of the netherite encased door and frantic screaming. He couldn't make out the voice though.

Phil and Techno turned to each other, having a silent conversation. "Tubbo, take the kid and lock the trapdoor above us. Keep climbing and locking doors until you reach the attic. We're going to see who that is. Send Phil a message once you're at the top."

Tubbo nodded and picked a completely silent and still Michael up before climbing the stairs as quickly as he could possibly go. He reached the attic in about five minutes. Even from up there he could hear the muffled pounding. He set his son down and the boy did nothing but stand there. Tubbo  led him to the bed before typing out a quick message and pressing send.

He sat down with the boy and rubbed his back in neat circles. He knew words wouldn't work right now, not with the screaming and pounding downstairs. It would be too much noise for the poor kid. Too much to concentrate on.

He heard the grinding of metal and Michael covered his ears with his hands. Tubbo pulled him into a loose hug. About thirty seconds later the grinding stopped and Michael let his arms drop back to his sides, climbing into Tubbo's lap and curling into a small ball, trying to make himself as small as possible. "I'm so sorry kiddo." He whispered as softly as possible.

The pounding was louder now that the netherite was gone. He could hear the screaming, too. It took a moment to register in his mind, before his eyes went wide and his blood ran cold. Michael shot up suddenly, dropping to the trapdoor.

"Uncle Tommy?!"

"Tommy!"

What do y'all think?