14. Happy birthday, Carlos,

I don't think anything could've prepared me for the franticness of Carlos running around trying to figure out why his boyfriend, and everyone else in the drama club, has yet to say Happy Birthday. He's freaking out, because Seb can't lie for his life, which means he either forgot or didn't know. As for the rest of the cast, he has no idea what to think. I've learned all of this while being trapped in his parent's mansion.

"Carlos, seriously, I cannot tell you what they're all doing. Let me ring up Seb really fast and see if I can't figure this all out," I offer, and he seems to accept it, still pacing around his living room dressed like Éponine.

"Seb? Did you really not know today is Carlos' birthday?" I ask into the phone, not even bothering with the formalities as I take a step outside. Phone calls are always better without company.

"I know. We're all planning a quinceañero for him." Great, so I was just not going to be included in these discussions? "Right. Oh my god. We forgot to— I'm so sorry. I was supposed to tell you on Tuesday."

"It's okay. I'm currently with the freaking out birthday boy. When do you want me to bring him and where?" Honestly, sometimes, life just happens. Plus, I kind of deserve it for leaving them in the dust for a month.

"My barn, and come around 6. I'll be in the driveway to take you both down to the barn." Well, looks like my Saturday just got a whole lot more interesting.

"Alright, Seb. See you then." Smiling, I walk back inside, feeling a lot better about celebrating Carlos' birthday. "I have an update."

"I'm performing on Broadway for my birthday?" Um, not even close, Carlos.

"No, but we are going to Seb's farm in half an hour. To help him with something in his barn." Carlos' face falls when I say that, but I don't want to ruin the surprise they're all planning. I have no idea what they're planning, so it's kind of all in the air right now, but I'm glad Carlos is actually getting a party instead of just being ignored all day. "If you want to change out of your Éponine outfit, I suggest you do that now."

"No, this should be fine for working on a farm." Those are nice clothes. Either way, you're not working, but I can't tell you that.

"Alright. Well, do you want to come to my house so I can change or do you want me to pick you up and take you there?" I ask, hoping for the former over the latter.

"I can go with you. I need to get out before I carb-load whatever's in my fridge." Alright, good. Makes my life so much easier. We both head out to my car, driving back to my mansion, and Carlos is more than a little stunned with its outward appearance. "Is this your house?"

"Yeah." It's a similar size to Carlos' house, but I doubt he'd ever expect someone else to have a house almost the same size as his. "Let's head in." He is in awe of everything, taking in the whole house while I am changing into a nicer outfit, carefully packing up a red carpet-worthy dress in a drawstring and walking downstairs.

"That's such a cute outfit." It's actually quite basic. Just a pretty white and gold sweater, light blue skinny jeans, and a pair of gold heels that match the dress in my bag. Checking my watch, I see that it's just about time to head out.

"Thanks. We should get going if we don't want to be late." I show him back out, hoping and praying this party lives up to Carlos' standards. Please, to every god, let this live up to his standards. Luckily, I already gave him my gift, so that's one less thing to worry about. I gave him a special book I got from an old friend of mine who used to be on Broadway, with a million stories, tips, and other advice to help any amateur thespian get cast into a show, whether it be the lead or an extra.

There's even a special inscription which helped inspire the entire musical I wrote.

To do something amazing once is to do something okay a million times and learn with each mistake.