11. Music to my heart

It's only when I show up at North do I realize the blizzard I was stuck in was the first of two. So, now I'm stuck at North High with everyone here, and, thankfully, not freaking out this time. I think it's mostly because I was stuck in a car, whereas this time, the whole building has got to go down in order for me to be stuck, which isn't super likely. Unfortunately, there's not many of us here anymore, since a lot of the students headed home early, while I stayed here with Antoine, although there might be a few extra stragglers waiting on parents. I'm not really sure.

Originally, it was to practice Be Our Guest, although after half an hour, we determined we could have a little fun. Until the power went out. It's been a while without power, but with the roads the way they are, there's no way I'm leaving the building.

"So, Juliette, are you from Salt Lake?" Antoine asks, although I'm not sure why.

"Originally, I'm from Connecticut. It's a small state on the east coast." He nods, although I doubt he actually knows where it is. Dang, it's not warm in here anymore. "You're from Lyon, non?"

"Oui. J'aime la France, mais c'est incroyable d'être ici." (Yes. I love France, but it is amazing being here.) I'd have to agree, Antoine. Salt Lake, as I'm learning, it's one of the best experiences one could ever ask for. And I get to have it twice.

"Comment est ta famille d'échange?" (How is your exchange family?) I have no idea who he's staying with, although his answer is more than surprising.

"I'm staying with Lily. She's alright, although I sometimes wish I could have stayed with you, belle mademoiselle." You are a charmer, for sure. "You must be making one lucky guy at East High very happy." If only.

"There's actually nobody special," I mutter, but he either doesn't understand or didn't hear me because he asks me to repeat what I said. "I've never had a boyfriend."

"Mais, tu es incroyable." (But, you're amazing.) Did he just say what I thought he said? He thinks I'm amazing. And he said it in French, which only makes it sweeter.

"It's been said and done
Every beautiful thought's been already sung
And I guess right now, here's another one
So your melody will play on and on with the best of 'em" Is he serenading me? I don't even know how to react right now because I'm in shock that a guy likes me enough to do this.

"You are beautiful
Like a dream come alive, incredible
A sinful miracle, lyrical
You saved my life again, and I want you to know, baby" Pulling my small frame off the floor, he spins me around as I wrap my head around the idea that a guy likes me like that.

"I, I love you like a love song, baby
I, I love you like a love song, baby
And I keep hitting repeat" I don't think I've ever heard this song before, but I doubt it's actually his. Especially when French is his first language.

"I, I love you like a love song, baby
I, I love you like a love song, baby
And I keep hitting repeat

Constantly,
Girl, you play through my mind like a symphony
There's no way to describe what you do to me
You just do to me what you do" I have heard this song. "Love You Like A Love Song" by Selena Gomez. The way he sings it though, I had no idea his voice was this beautiful.

"And it feels like I've been rescued
I've been set free
I've been hypnotized by your destiny
You're a miracle, lyrical, beautiful
You are, and I want you to know, baby