7. Au revoir, mademoiselle.

I didn't know how stressed I was for the email that would change my life until it came. My Parliament date. I have to go stand in front of 650 people and hopefully convince all of them that I need my birth date changed. Who else doesn't want to do that? Just me?

Dear Juliette Mason,

I hope this email finds you well. Attached I have the official statement from Parliament stating when you are expected to stand in front of them. I have not opened these attachments, as they are for your eyes only. For reference, the date may be in terms of European standard, which is most commonly DD. MM. YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD. It will also use 24-hour time, which means the afternoon will have numbers from 13 to 00, instead of 1pm to 12am.

I've also attached contacts for getting a hotel while you're in London, along with directions on how to get to the Parliament building if you choose to rent a car. Along with those documents, I also listed a few cab services that are able to drive you to the building if you prefer. Walking onto the grounds is not permitted. As a recommendation, I suggest you convert roughly fifty pounds (about $70) per night you are staying and about twenty pounds (about $30) for your last day, depending on how late your flight is. Most places will accept Visa and Mastercard if you cannot access a place to convert from pounds to dollars, however I've found it's easier to carry around cash.

If you have any questions, concerns, or have an issue with getting to England for the date on the document, please email me or telephone me using the contact information below:

Email: jameson.evans@rbdc.gov.uk

Phone Number: +44 4729 150780

With Regards,

Jameson Evans

Royal Birth Document Change

Head of International Department

Man, this email is so long. And there's more. Ugh. After a deep breath, I download the zipped file, which is most likely the document from Parliament, and I unzip it, which took me a minute to look up how to do, and start reading.

Juliette Mason,

You have received this letter to confirm your request for an attendance in front of Parliament. Due to the extenuating circumstances surrounding your request, we will be filling your request as soon as possible. Please see below for a date and time for your audience in front of Parliament.

DATE:  10-MAR-2021

TIME:  09:45

Please enter through the SOUTH GATES promptly an hour prior to your scheduled time to check in and get through security prior to entering the chambers at the above time. If you are late due to any reason or will miss your audience with the Members of Parliament, please contact the below personnel:

OFFICE OF SCHEDULING

+44 4372 894813

parliamentschedulingoffice@houseofcommons.gov.uk

You will have ten minutes to explain to the Members of Parliament why we should grant your case, and after a five minute discussion, we will announce our decision to you. Although the circumstances of your case are far different from many that we choose to accept, it will still be open to the public.

Should you have any questions prior to your audience with the Members of Parliament, please contact the Office of Scheduling and they will answer your questions or forward your question to the proper office. We look forward to seeing you.