•02• battle of the bands

Sabrina

Our manager, Alaina, called an emergency meeting to tell us that we will be recording a song with IM5. Apparently it was all their idea. I started complaining right away.

"I don't like this, not at all."

"They aren't that bad." Star offers. She doesn't seem as angry about this like the rest of us.

"Besides, Dalton uses Maybelline... and I desperately need some of that." What an attempt at a lame excuse. She leaves quickly, trying to get to their recording studio in time.

"I have that same eyeliner!" I shout as I hurry after her. This is going to be a long ride. Those boys better treat us right.

----------

Will

A black range rover pulls up outside of the XIX Building. From the horrible pop music, blasting through the speakers, I already know it's the girls.

Confession: Go mute as soon as they get here. No communication. This is a strike.

They get out of the car and start walking up to the building. I even dislike their stride.

Joni is the first to come in. I rolled my eyes at her attire. Jeans, a snapback, and a sweater. I guess the 98 degree weather means nothing to her. I hold the door open for them, and I don't even get a thank you.

Sabrina is the last one in, and because her eyes are glued to her phone, she trips and that precious iPhone shatters.

"Let me help you." I offer. So much for going mute.

I hand her, her stuff and pick up the cracked apple device. I'd even cry for her.

We make our way upstairs to the studio and when I get inside, it's just like I suspected. Girlz in Attack on one side and IM5 on the other.

"Finally everyone is here!" Alaina cheers.

"Time to introduce yourselves." Eben says making everyone get up and collide.

We stare at each other, and neither of us say a word.

"Why don't we help them with introductions?" Jill offers from the side.

published: 01•23•14
edited: 02•16•15