•09• Chart Toppers

Cole

I was sitting in the waiting room of our record label business, thinking over what Cassidy had told me.

How can I be hard to trust?

I swear she's just jealous of Star. Even though there is nothing going on between us, we've kind of hung out alot. I admit, I have been neglecting Cass.

I decided to send her a message. When I opened up my messages, I noticed I had a new one from Star.

From Star
Wanna hang out this weekend?

I thought about Cassidy. I needed to live a little, especially since we were no longer together.

Sure. Pick you up babe.

I replied smiling at myself as I powered my phone off.

"Babe, really?" I looked up and saw Star walk in with the rest of her friends.

Joni's eyes were glued to her phone, Emily was fixing her hair, and Dallas was holding one shoe in her hand. This is the first time I've seen Dallas unorganized since I've known them. It's probably becasue she's been spending time with David.

Sabrina came in last, with Will. Both of them laughing at something that I guess was really funny. Their eyes lit up when he pushed her hair behind her ear. I did not know there was something going on between them.

"Yes. I can't call you babe?" I asked Star. She tapped her finger on her chin as if thinking about it.

"It can stick for a while." She joked.

"We're waiting!" Dana snapped coming out of the elevator, tapping his wrist. He looked over at Joni and gave her a smile. Man, I'm really missing alot, aren't I?

"You were here the whole time?" I asked him.

"Well duh. We all were except for you, Will, and the girls." He said pressing the up button on the elevator.

"Well damn." I muttered. We all piled into the elevator and once we were on the 6th level, we walked into the office.

"Take a seat." Eben said looking at us. We just stared blankly at him. There weren't enough seats for everyone to sit. Joni sat on Dana's lap. Dallas sat on the floor, finally putting her shoe on, and I saw Star sit on me.

"What are you doing?" I asked looking up at her.

"Obeying." She said turning back to face Eben.

"As you all know, we posted the video this morning and it turned out amazing. Mixing the two fanbases together, we almost got two million views in three hours." We all cheered and I was seriously getting excited.

"So, in the light of it, we've decided that you guys should perform together at The Mint." Everyone cheered and our managers looked confused. I guess its because now we don't hate each other's guts and we're actually getting along.

"I need to learn choreography for Bella's video, though." Dana said.

"You'll have to multi-task as well as Sabrina and Star." Star started coughing as if she choked on air. It was obvious she didn't want to be in the video. She didn't decline the deal though.

"Oh, you guys have an interview in about two hours." Alaina added before getting up along with Eben. Everyone groaned. It was no secret that we hated interviews.

"Well," Star said while getting up, "I need to make myself presentable." She walked out the door and everyone else started filing out.

Star

I'm going on a date with Cole! He called me babe. Should I be excited, nervous, scared? I don't even know.

I went home to get ready for our interview. I made sure, I looked my absolute best on camera.

After showering real quick, I threw on some shorts, a spiderman muscle tank, and some gladiator sandals. For the first time in forever, I straightened my hair. I doubt anyone's seen my hair straightened.

I had about thirty minutes to get to the interview, so I grabbed a water bottle and made my way over.

***

"So, what did you guys think when you realized how popular your song got?" The guy who was interviewing us asked.

"I always knew I'd get famous." Joni said, fipping her hair over her shoulder. She giggled a little bit and I saw Dana glance at her as a smile crept across his face.

"I'm glad you answered. Because, rumour has it that you are dating Dana." I saw the two look at each other.

"Who told you that?" Joni started fidgeting with her hands as she looked down.

"The pictures are pouring!" He said. Joni walked away and Dana followed. I watched silently as she pulled out her phone and went on Twitter. I guess it was true and she and Dana didn't want anyone to know yet.

"Why don't we move on?" Sabbi said popping up. The interviewer continued, clearly boring us.

"This just in, you guys are number one?" He said clearly shocked. My eyebrows crinkled.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Your song.. it's number one on the charts." He said looking down at his phone. I started jumping up and down. This is really all I wanted since forever.

"So, does that mean we get to walk the red carpet?"

Will

I held Sabbi's hand while we left the interview. "Can you seriously believe we're number one?" She beamed. I looked down at her and smiled. She made me really happy.

Her smile made me smile. Her presence made me and nervous inside. Sometimes just being near her, makes my knees weak.

"I've never seen you so happy." I told her. She squeezed my hand and looked up at me.

"I found you." She said. I stood there for a minute taking it all in. I found you. Echoed through my mind. I'm the reason she's happy. This is surprisingly shocking.

"I guess I'll get going." I murmurred rubbing the back of my neck. I gave her a long hug and walked over to my car. I sat there in silence and was stunned when someone violently tapped on my window. I jumped up out of my seat and saw David leaning agaisnt the glass and staring back at me.

"Hello dear friend." David said when I rolled the window down. I stared at him and he just smiled wildly.

"You need a ride don't you?" I asked him. He smiled and opened the door.

"You know me so well." I started the car and we were on our way. David decided to make himself comfy by changing raido stations. "You're fine with this song, right?" He asked, I laughed as our song started playing.

"It's Heartless, of course I'm fine with it." When we got to David's house, someone was looking through his window. "Fatima?" I said when I got out the car and walked closer.

"Oh shoot. Hey Will." She said slyly.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her. David, thought nothing about the fact that there was a girl looking through his window. He said a quick bye to me and made his self inside.

"Look, I gave up Dana so Joni could have him and I don't think I made the right decision. I was just...I don't know, I'll go." She said walking past me. There's something she's hiding and I want to know what it is.

"Fatima, wait." I said. She turned around and stared at me. "Tell me what you're planning." I said.

"You have to promise not to tell anyone."

"I promise." I lied.

published: 08•31•14
edited: 05•09•15