Preparing for Iceland P2

We were now out shooting at Julie. The Ice was covered with pucks. Almost everywhere you looked there were at least 4 or 5.

"Banks! Show me something, now! That's it!" Coach Bombay cheered as we all continued shooting our hardest.

"Good. Good." He said proudly while watching our progress.

------

After we were done shooting the pucks we all had free time. "Come on banks! Let's go!" Dean yelled as the rest of us left the changing room.

"Comin'. I'll be right there." Adam said faintly. I couldn't hear the rest because I was now out of the change room walking with Charlie and Julie.

"Well me and Dean were gonna head out with Adam to go for ice cream, so I better get going. Dean's probably waiting." She said smiling as she said goodbye.

I gave her a wave as me and Charlie walked out of the rink. "So where do you wanna go?" Charlie asked as we walked on a path.

"We could just go for a walk because we only have like half an hour before our next practice," I suggested as he hummed in agreement.

We walked in silence for a few minutes but I couldn't get this one thing out of my mind. "Hey, why were you staring at me earlier?" I questioned. He furrowed his eyebrows. "When?" He asked as I laughed.

"When we were on the treadmills idiot," I told him jokingly while rolling my eyes. "Ohh." he started. "I Don't know, why wouldn't I stare at you?"

I gave him a disgusted look. "Oh don't tell me you're the cheesy romantic," I joked as he smirked at me.

"And what if I am?" he asked as I sat down on a bench that was on the path. He soon followed my actions sitting right beside me.

I laughed. "Oh lord." I started. He then yawned putting his arms in the air before one of them wraps around my shoulder.

"You're just gonna have to deal with it." He told me as I let out a loud laugh. "Yeah, yeah," I said slowly before pressing a kiss against his cheek.

"I guess I will."

----------------

It was now the next practice and everybody on the ice was trying their hardest to try and pull each other.

We were holding two sticks, one in each hand as the person in front of you did the same. I was partnered with Connie and we were just laughing the whole time.

everybody on our team was practicing that except for Luis and Adam, Luis was practicing how to stop by trying not to knock a tower of cans over, and Adam had apparently hurt his wrist so coach didn't want him playing. It was understandable.

-------------

After that practice me and Charlie had an idea so we ran as fast as we could to Coach Bombay's office. "Coach. Coach, I know with banks out we got a roster slot open." Charlie started as Coach cut him off. "Yeah."

"You know how I always told you id make a better coach than a player? We did some scouting for the team." he finished as I yelled out. "Come on in!"

Russ walked in with a big smile plastered on his face. Charlie wrapped his arm around Russ as he introduced him. "Russ Tyler. Coach Bombay." he said before Russ greeted Coach.

"Russ Tyler, huh?" he started as Russ nodded. "Well, Russ, what can you do for the team?" he asked as Russ gave a shocked look. "You never heard of my knuckle puck?"

"Knuckle puck? No" Coach Bombay answered as Russ smirked to me and Charlie, a smirk we gave back.

---------------

Team USA leading Russia Two-to-one here in the third period.

Russ was tapping his stick on the ice yelling for the puck as the announcer kept speaking.

Russ Tyler, team USA's newest member from Los Angeles calling for the puck. He gets it.

"It's knuckle-puck time!" he yelled as I heard it from the bench.

He winds up. He shoots. He scores!

"Yeah!" I cheered standing up from the bench I was sitting on. Loud yelling could be heard from both the stands and my team's bench as we all cheered together.

----------

We had won the game and we were now in the dressing room. "I told him no visitors, but he wanted to congratulate you anyway." Coach Bombay said as my mouth dropped in shock along with everybody else.

"Oh my God," I said clapping. "That's Wayne Gretzky!" Jesse said as he walked in with a big smile. He walked over to where the team stood standing in the middle of all of us.

I patted him on the back as others did the same or shook his hand. Charlie had a big grin on his mouth but shocked eyes. "Guys this is the great one!" he said in excitement as Wayne put his hand up. "Waynes fine," he said as we all busted out in laughter.

We then all took a group photo together. Big smiles were shown on all of our faces as I was in the middle of Julie and Connie. My hands were wrapped around their shoulders a the photographer spoke. "Say, hockey!" we all smiled even wider than before. "Hockey!" everybody shouted in sync.

----------

Everybody on the team was on the ice in no gear other than our skates. "Coach, shouldn't we have our hockey gear on?" Luis asked as Averman agreed. "Guys, this is our last team practice, which means--" Coach started before Averman cut him off. "the return of captain blood."

Everybody loudly laughed in response as coach smiled. "No. It means let's have some fun." He said as he brought out a beach ball and threw it onto the ice.

"All right!" I yelled with everybody else as we all skated off kicking the ball. Averman started bouncing the ball up and down. "Over here!" I yelled as he threw it to me.

I caught and held it for a few seconds before I felt my feet being lifted off the ground so I quickly passed it back to Averman.

The person behind then placed back on the ground as I turned around. Charlie faced me with a big smirk on his face as I smiled and rolled my eyes.

He just laughed in response before I took his hand and skated with him over to the team. I watched as Averman threw the ball. It landed with three bounces before stopping.